Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cleetus

Thread: bar(1 kg)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2005
    california

bar(1 kg)

these i kg. bar was found 6 ft. under ground, with rock sign top of the ground (FISH) MARK I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT,IF THERE'S VALUE AS COLLECTION/OLD ITEM THANKS EDONG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0691(2).JPG 
Views:	445 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	19660   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0691(2).JPG 
Views:	436 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	278331  

us
    Dec 2008
    VALLEY ALABAMA
    GARRETT GTA 500
    1 times

Re: bar(1 kg)

wow
    STRIPPING SILVER OUT OF BANKS AT FACE

us
    Oct 2011
    Salt Lake City, Ut.
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro
    10 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: bar(1 kg)

That's not a Kilo, that is a 25 troy oz. bar. Yes there are people who just collect bars, they will give you a little extra for older varieties. Never seen one of these so it might not be too common. The spot price today, Jan.21, 2012 is: $805.25. If you were to buy a brand new bar today they would also charge at least $1 an ounce premium, so the dealer makes a little money. so add 25 to the $805.25 and that gives you $830.25 is the very minimum the bar is worth. Here is a site for conversion and melt prices for silver and gold coin scrap and jewelry: http://www.silverrecyclers.com/Calcu...alculator.aspx Very handy when you're figuring the worth of silver quarters or half dollars. You will get more $830.25 that for that bar. I would expect you might even get as much as 50% more, but that's just a guess. The best way to sell it is to put it on eBay and hope some collectors see it (they will). Make it a long auction, run it at least a week. You could put an $800 reserve on the bidding. go to eBay and search for other bars for sell. you will get an idea.........But that's a serious find you've got there! Now go tell the wife she was wrong about not getting rich metal detecting (LOL)
    Potts likes this.

Sponsored Links