need help with hallmark

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
I picked up a nice teaset at an auction today at below spot,I cannot figure out the manufacturer.The hallmark looks like a horizontal broadaxe followed by XXX.Would appreciate any input thank you JOn....Update I found the maker it is Wm B Kerr & Co.now i cant seem to find anything on the teaset.The pattern number is 617 on the treaset and the tray is 159a. I just finished a light polish and it is coming out very nice for a plain set.If anyone can direct me to where i might find out the possible value i would appreciate it ...thanks again ...jon

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Wm. B. Kerr & Co. was established by William B. Kerr in Newark, New Jersey in 1855. They used the trademark of a Medieval Axe from 1855 until 1892. I'm still looking for what you seek.
Don...
Later: Anything like this?
http://www.ogallerie.com/auctions/2009-07/284_1.jpg
Hammered Price: $275

STERLING TEA SET & OTHER STERLING ITEMS, 5 pieces. The 3-piece tea set, by Wm. B. Kerr & Co., includes a small tea pot, 7.75 inches ht.; cream pitcher, 3.50 inches ht.; plus the open sugar bowl, 2.50 inches ht.; together with the R. Wallace & Sons toothpick holder, 3.50 inches length; and the Meriden Brittania Co. cup, 3.25 inches dia. Total weight 21.33 Troy ozs.

OP
OP
J

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
Don
Thanks for the quick reply,Yes the teaset is just like the one you posted.If you find anything on the tray that would be helpful.What was the date on that auction if you know.the set i have is just the teapot creamer and open sugar.That along with the 159 a tray.Total weieght it 28.9 ozt.picked it up for 300.00 so I didn't get hurt but was kinda hoping it might be worth more that scrap weight.Guess it is destined for my china cabinet it is much to nice to melt lol....thanks again for all your help...jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread