Help with wm rogers tray

Ybarra

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2010
Yuma, AZ
So i got a tray the today thinking that it might be silver but can't really find an exact answer anywhere and looking for a little help. This tray has a mark on the back and it has an eagle the words Wm ROGERS and a star. Directly below this is says 926. Yes i typed it correctly it says 926 NOT 925. I tried to find out if this is plated or solid. There isn't a design on it but a smooth silver round tray. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The mark Wm. Rogers surrounded by a star and eagle was used by William Rogers between 1825 to 1841 on his coin silver spoons. From 1878 to 1893, after the death of William Sr., it was used by Simpson, Hall, Miller and Company after they signed an agreement with Wm. Rogers Jr. This mark was used again off and on from the late 1800s until at least 1939 by the International Silver Co.
Don........
Source: http://www.centennialantiques.com/WmRogers.html
Edit: William Hazen Rogers, who began his occupation as a silversmith in 1825, used a mark of an eagle/Wm Rogers/star (after 1841 it was an eagle/Wm Rogers & Co./star).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions