Old Silver Pill Box with 935 mark. What does that mean?

kyonasaskia

May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, You all (and this site) have been great so far at answering my questions, so I thought I'd try and find some information on a pill and/or stamp box. I've had it on my dresser for roughly 30 years, but have no recollection of where I obtained it. I may have bought it new, but I'm not certain. Adding to the mystery (and something that tells me it's not that old) is the fact that there is sticker residue on the bottom, so no help with IDing from that, as it's gone... I've researched/googled, and can't figure out if the 935 tells me the place of origin, or if it tells me the silver content. So, that is one question. Additionally, any info on approximate date. Thank in advance! Note: the numbers are difficult to see in the photo, but I've studied them using magnification, so they are indeed 935. --Plus, the top and sides have enamel inlay, not stones.
aPillBox2Side.JPG aPillBoxStamp.jpg

Last edited:

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.935/1000 parts silver.

It looks like a nice little pillbox but as to origin, make or otherwise - I don't know.

OP
OP
K

kyonasaskia

May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks airborne1092, I've got this box on a few other boards, and no one can place it's origin either. I did learn that the 935 means it's 93.5 percent silver, which is a grade above sterling, so that's cool to know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread