Rubber matting adhesive?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? I guess I don't know what matting you are talking about.
The ribbed rubber that goes under the miners moss?

I mean if it is, why would you want to glue it down? How would you roll it up and stick it down into a bucket to wash the fine gold out? I guess you could glue it down if you wanted to.:icon_scratch:

GG~

OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Well the keene sluice box i have has ribbed rubber matting at the top which is glued down, but the glue is coming off.

Goodyguy said:

I mean if it is, why would you want to glue it down? How would you roll it up and stick it down into a bucket to wash the fine gold out? I guess you could glue it down if you wanted to. I never have seen that done :icon_scratch:

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spawn00x said:
Well the keene sluice box i have has ribbed rubber matting at the top which is glued down, but the glue is coming off.

Goodyguy said:

I mean if it is, why would you want to glue it down? How would you roll it up and stick it down into a bucket to wash the fine gold out? I guess you could glue it down if you wanted to. :icon_scratch:

GG~

On my highbanker the hopper holds it down and then I have a punch plate over it.

I would use 3M. :thumbsup:
http://www.shop3m.com/3m-rubber-and-gasket-adhesives-q1q6tgbv0g.html

GG~

Attachments

• keene.jpg
    keene.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,413
  • keene.jpg
    keene.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,054

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use Barge Cement to glue felt soles to the bottom of my fishing wader boots. It's waterproof and lasts forever.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodyguy said:

I mean if it is, why would you want to glue it down? How would you roll it up and stick it down into a bucket to wash the fine gold out? I guess you could glue it down if you wanted to.:icon_scratch:

GG~
He is talking about the inspection mat at the head.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
Goodyguy said:

I mean if it is, why would you want to glue it down? How would you roll it up and stick it down into a bucket to wash the fine gold out? I guess you could glue it down if you wanted to. :icon_scratch:

GG~
He is talking about the inspection mat at the head.

Ok I get it now. :thumbsup:
Might be a good time to get the new improved matting with the deep ridges if yours is the old style.

GG~

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DO NOT USE GLUE--THAT MAT WEARS OUT FAST AND YOU'LL GO BLOODY CRAZY TRYING TO REMOVE IT TO REPLACE. Just use the silicone caulking--it lasts as long as the mat and ez to remove too---tons a au 2 u2 -John :headbang:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, may I suggest an EM to Keene themselves? They have undoubtedly researched this extensively, and are quite cooperative. However I tend to agree, the matting will have to be replaced someday, sooooo keep this in mind.

Don Jose de La Mancha .

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HI, may I suggest an EM to Keene themselves? They have undoubtedly researched this extensively, and are quite cooperative. However I tend to agree, the matting will have to be replaced someday, sooooo keep this in mind.

Don Jose de La Mancha .

[email protected]
Keene Engineering
Outside of California - (800) 841-7833
Inside California - (800) 392-4653

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Igot a sneak peak at some new matting that is due to be coming out(I dont know where)that is going to be awesome.It is rubber and the rifflles are kind of like tiny hungarian riffles,I could have bought some from the fellow that helped test it for $8 an inch(width)

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen it in action . it really catches the fine gold.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe it would not matter what kind of glue you use. Find a glue that effectively adheres to polished aluminum and people will be lining up for some. Use silicone, which is what I think Jobe uses. Just keep the shovel tip away or it will be time to re-glue. TTC

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kugar,where-when-how-sounds like that will be a hot seller.wish they would let me "TEST" about a roll or two :wink:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keene was selling it at the gold show this last weekend . It was 30 dollars per sq foot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread