EZ sluice any good?

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm looking to buy my first sluice box and ran across the E-Z sluice on ebay. It's cheap enough...just wondering if it's any GOOD? I'm mainly looking for a small sluice at this point that I can stow in a kayak or even strap to a backpack. I'm in Texas and plan to hit the Llano at some point as well as a few creeks west of me where I've heard folks have found gold in the past. I'm also wondering if any sluice will be ok for really fine gold or if some are better for that task.

Thanks!

kozmonot

Sep 26, 2008
I have one and dont have any problems or complaints. I also use it as a homemade recycling unit. It is easy to pack and carry around. All I can say is it works for me.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I use mine to sample, when I find something then I use a bigger one. Great if weight or money is an issue. Otherwise bigger is better. Remember a gold pan is like marijuana, the gate way drug to an 8 inch dredge!

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
Bud the EZ is about all you need to run the llano but you will need to classify your material down pretty small and keep an eye on your flow.

be sure to hit walmart and pick up a mask and snork so you can hunt in the pools of water around the kingsland slab claim.

when are you going?

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I don't have an exact date yet. I'd like to get a sluice and a smaller classifier. Maybe even build a snipe tube... Did I mention I'm a gadget junky? LOL.. I'm also wanting to scrounge up somebody to go with me. If I go by myself, it will probably be at a time when there is a GPAA event going on. I guess I'm thinking August sometime because we'll be in Colorado for a week around the 18th of this month (WOOHOO!), then I'll have some work to catch up on. I'm actually more flexible during the week than I am the weekends, so it'll definitely be a weekday thing.

Randy

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
dont forget to build yourself a vaccume out of a leaf blower and a bucket, they work great to clean those dry cracks in the bedrock, they even work pretty good on the cracks in the water.

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Funny you mention that! I just ran across some plans for that last week. I'd like to build one but don't have the money to replace my current blower, nor buy a new one for that purpose. I do keep my eyes peeled on trash days though!

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
hit the yard sales thats where i get mine.
the last one was given to me because it wasnt sold for the 10 bucks that they wanted for it.(they didnt want to pack it up when the yard sale was over)

also, you can use any gas blower the way i put mine together, when you find one send me a picture of it and i will show you the best way to set it up.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the one I made and it works great!
Got the rubber connector at home depot.

Attachments

• vac.jpg
    vac.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,695
  • vac.jpg
    vac.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,271
OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like that!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
SO it has been awhile since I have been on here, but when I saw this post I had to reply.....I think that the EZ sluice is perfect for smaller creeks and even some larger rivers. I used mine one year on the Umpqua in Oregon and totally kicked tail on flour gold that other folks were blowing out of their larger sluices. When they saw what I had recovered, you couldn't find an EZ sluice within a hundred miles come the next evening!!!
I carry one with me at all times simply because there are so many small creeks and I know they get whatever there is that goes through 'em!

may all your pans be heavy with gold!

Nash

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
im going to hook my nephew up with one in the spring so he can test it.

SynthetiX

Greenie
Oct 24, 2009
Arkansas
I just got mine yesterday and tried it out in a local creek on some private land. Seems to work fine (didn't find anything though)

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
SynthetiX said:
I just got mine yesterday and tried it out in a local creek on some private land. Seems to work fine (didn't find anything though)

I guess my question to this would be, Is this a know gold bearing creek??????
~Nash~

SynthetiX

Greenie
Oct 24, 2009
Arkansas
Ran about 2 shovelfuls through it, panned and found this.... in Arkansas... where there is supposed to be no gold. Only had a few minutes to try it out, but it looks like it's gonna work out good!

Attachments

• DSC07092.JPG
    DSC07092.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,958
  • DSC07092.JPG
    DSC07092.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,818

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
SynthetiX said:
I guess my question to this would be, Is this a know gold bearing creek??????
~Nash~
No, it was not in a known gold bearing creek... Nor was that small nugget I found.

Your onto a sweet deal there my friend. Ya never know what might be laying in a creek where nobody has found gold before and YOU DO!!!
I truly hope ya hit it big. Two shovels? That is amazing!!!!
Best o' luck
~Nash~

SynthetiX

Greenie
Oct 24, 2009
Arkansas
Your onto a sweet deal there my friend. Ya never know what might be laying in a creek where nobody has found gold before and YOU DO!!!
I truly hope ya hit it big. Two shovels? That is amazing!!!!
Yeah, it wasn't even "paydirt"... just a couple shovelfuls of sand and rocks to test it out before it got dark. I'm going upstream (into a different county) to try it out again here in a few minutes. Hope to find where that little guy originated from. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread