Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    Dec 2007
    North Texas
    Garrett AT Pro, Whites TM-808 2, ACE 'shorty', Diablo uMax, Propointer, Dip Needle, EYES
    56 times
    Cache Hunting

EZ sluice any good?

I'm looking to buy my first sluice box and ran across the E-Z sluice on ebay. It's cheap enough...just wondering if it's any GOOD? I'm mainly looking for a small sluice at this point that I can stow in a kayak or even strap to a backpack. I'm in Texas and plan to hit the Llano at some point as well as a few creeks west of me where I've heard folks have found gold in the past. I'm also wondering if any sluice will be ok for really fine gold or if some are better for that task.

Thanks!
    My two best detectors are now 49 years old, need a little help sometimes, but haven't let me down!

There are still caches out there, partners lighten the load! Research, equipment, and funds shared means FINDS shared!

us
    Sep 2008

Re: EZ sluice any good?

I have one and dont have any problems or complaints. I also use it as a homemade recycling unit. It is easy to pack and carry around. All I can say is it works for me.

us
    Aug 2007
    Lacey, WA
    Gold Bug 2 and Teknetics T2
    5 times

I use mine to sample, when I find something then I use a bigger one. Great if weight or money is an issue. Otherwise bigger is better. Remember a gold pan is like marijuana, the gate way drug to an 8 inch dredge!
    SFC in the Army, back in Washington
    Remember a gold pan is like marijuana, the gate way drug to an 8 inch dredge!

us
    Jul 2008
    texas
    garrett 2500
    2 times

Bud the EZ is about all you need to run the llano but you will need to classify your material down pretty small and keep an eye on your flow.

be sure to hit walmart and pick up a mask and snork so you can hunt in the pools of water around the kingsland slab claim.

when are you going?
    if it was easy everyone would be doing it

us
    Dec 2007
    North Texas
    Garrett AT Pro, Whites TM-808 2, ACE 'shorty', Diablo uMax, Propointer, Dip Needle, EYES
    56 times
    Cache Hunting

I don't have an exact date yet. I'd like to get a sluice and a smaller classifier. Maybe even build a snipe tube... Did I mention I'm a gadget junky? LOL.. I'm also wanting to scrounge up somebody to go with me. If I go by myself, it will probably be at a time when there is a GPAA event going on. I guess I'm thinking August sometime because we'll be in Colorado for a week around the 18th of this month (WOOHOO!), then I'll have some work to catch up on. I'm actually more flexible during the week than I am the weekends, so it'll definitely be a weekday thing.

Randy
    My two best detectors are now 49 years old, need a little help sometimes, but haven't let me down!

There are still caches out there, partners lighten the load! Research, equipment, and funds shared means FINDS shared!

us
    Jul 2008
    texas
    garrett 2500
    2 times

dont forget to build yourself a vaccume out of a leaf blower and a bucket, they work great to clean those dry cracks in the bedrock, they even work pretty good on the cracks in the water.

us
    Dec 2007
    North Texas
    56 times
    Cache Hunting

Funny you mention that! I just ran across some plans for that last week. I'd like to build one but don't have the money to replace my current blower, nor buy a new one for that purpose. I do keep my eyes peeled on trash days though!

us
    Jul 2008
    texas
    garrett 2500
    2 times

hit the yard sales thats where i get mine.
    the last one was given to me because it wasnt sold for the 10 bucks that they wanted for it.(they didnt want to pack it up when the yard sale was over)

also, you can use any gas blower the way i put mine together, when you find one send me a picture of it and i will show you the best way to set it up.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1968 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Here is the one I made and it works great!
    Got the rubber connector at home depot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vac.jpg 
Views:	2203 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	23212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vac.jpg 
Views:	2020 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	311655  
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Dec 2007
    North Texas
    56 times
    Cache Hunting

I like that!

us
    Dec 2008
    VALLEY ALABAMA
    GARRETT GTA 500
    1 times

i like mine
    STRIPPING SILVER OUT OF BANKS AT FACE

us
    Sep 2006
    Washington and Oregon
    Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
    1 times

SO it has been awhile since I have been on here, but when I saw this post I had to reply.....I think that the EZ sluice is perfect for smaller creeks and even some larger rivers. I used mine one year on the Umpqua in Oregon and totally kicked tail on flour gold that other folks were blowing out of their larger sluices. When they saw what I had recovered, you couldn't find an EZ sluice within a hundred miles come the next evening!!!
    I carry one with me at all times simply because there are so many small creeks and I know they get whatever there is that goes through 'em!

may all your pans be heavy with gold!

Nash
    Whatever it is, it is valuable. If nothing else for the lesson learned or simply the experience of having been there.

us
    Jul 2008
    texas
    garrett 2500
    2 times

im going to hook my nephew up with one in the spring so he can test it.

us
    Oct 2009
    Arkansas

I just got mine yesterday and tried it out in a local creek on some private land. Seems to work fine (didn't find anything though)

us
    Sep 2006
    Washington and Oregon
    Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by SynthetiX
    I just got mine yesterday and tried it out in a local creek on some private land. Seems to work fine (didn't find anything though)

I guess my question to this would be, Is this a know gold bearing creek
    ~Nash~
    Whatever it is, it is valuable. If nothing else for the lesson learned or simply the experience of having been there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links