OP
OP
neal S.

neal S.

Apr 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett // Garrett // Fisher Gold Bug
Prescott Arizona. Beautiful area!!!

Check out the neighbors. Right outside my friends window.
NICE KITTY!!

Attachments

• prescott kitty cat.JPG
    prescott kitty cat.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,055
  • prescott kitty cat.JPG
    prescott kitty cat.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,019

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Awesome. Does that cat come around often? If he does you better keep the small animals inside. Jimmygoat

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice gold! & nice kitty, on the other side of that glass. gettin a little bold isn't (s)he?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold---BAD KITTY--them stinkn' cats are a 100X more dangerous than a bear. Sneaky SOBs who attack from behind. Get some dogs, nail boards,water cannon ANYTHING to get you off his territory list ASAP---John

OP
OP
neal S.

neal S.

Apr 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett // Garrett // Fisher Gold Bug
Hoser John said:
Nice gold---BAD KITTY--them stinkn' cats are a 100X more dangerous than a bear. Sneaky SOBs who attack from behind. Get some dogs, nail boards,water cannon ANYTHING to get you off his territory list ASAP---John
The key is it is his territory - we moved into his forest. We just need to be aware of our surroundings and notice the slightest thing out of place. If you are soooooo afraid of wildlife you better stay in the big city.

I would NEVER destroy a beautiful creature like this one!!

Thanks,

hhta
Neal s

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where the LL was destroy in the equation??? In ignorance there is safety?? Just do a search for attacks on the web--NOT A NICE KITTY---John

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Aww, you should show more understanding John.
Give peace a chance and we can live with Nature.
Maybe they just need a bowl of cream, a little catnip, a kitten, puppy,
or obnoxious neighbor kid to love.

Grey

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
I must agree with Hoser John, I trekked around Arizona desert for 8 yrs and foiled one attack by split second reaction, cat was 8 ft or less from me when I turned around. Luckily I had a shotgun and was able to fire a shot before the cat got me. Another time I was near a large boulder with a lion on top of it stalking me, observed by another member of our hunting party, and he scared it away. This animal obviously has no fear of humans which is the biggest danger signal there is regarding wild animals. Rabid, old, injured predators looking for an easy meal which may end up being someone's pet, child etc. These cats can kill an adult in about 10 seconds so don't think you can just get lucky and ignore the fact that you have a serious potential problem.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we used to have a cabin outside of Bass Lake the one near Yosimite, The seasonal Cabin across the road from us was a hillside A frame with a high closed in deck one winter/spring a female made it her den and had kittens that year and several after...... she lived in there even when the people were staying there.She never came around when our dogs were out..however a few nights when they happened to be in with us they had big freak outs weird crazy howlin and runnin window to door to window etc...we never saw her but sometimes we new she was there.i slept out side on a hammock most night with my dog layin next to me untied and she barked a few times but never ran off scared or after anything into the dark...we just made sure to be aware and pretty much act like we were in cougar territory.

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice color, the Puma--well it is best to stay very far away from it--you can never trust cougars. Sadly, most people have to learn about cougar behavior the hard way.

Nice color.

Stryker

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
stryker-one said:
Nice color, the Puma--well it is best to stay very far away from it--you can never trust cougars. Sadly, most people have to learn about cougar behavior the hard way.

Nice color.

Stryker

Agreed.
I suggest anyone in cougar country read this book,
it details (painstaking scientific details)
how cougars can loose their fear of humans
in one single generation and how the wrong attitude
lead to tragedy in Colorado. Starts slow but well worth
reading!
"The Beast in the Garden:
A Modern Parable of Man and Nature.
By David Baron. 2004."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread