North Pennsylvania Sluicing

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went up by Penn State aria,and had a great time Sluicing.......Lots of Black Sand,and no pickers,or nuggets,but did see some very fine Flower gold.I locked under 20x magnification.Saved all the Black Sand,when I fill a bucket,I will put it in a small Owen,and try to extract more gold out of it.
Pictures are of the site,and the Creek we were in.
Enjoy the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_1539.JPG
    IMG_1539.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 589

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
looks good. i'll be in pa soon . bought a house watch it or i'll be a claim jumper :tongue3: just kidding . goldie

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello nottinon,
Your sluice looks like an Angus Mc, is it and what are your pros and cons about the unit? I've just purchased a Keen A52 and used it in the sierras here in California. I'd already worked the site twice using a presorter and a pan to wash the fines and then the heavies so I knew there was gold there but I wanted a faster method, hence a sluice box. I'd NO experience with a sluice and opinions in this forum seemed to be split between Keen and Angus brands and I went with the Keen. It worked, it was faster than panning but it loads up quickly. Early one morning I was just starting up with the first bucket of mixed materials when I noticed 1) the riffles were loading up with small pebbles 2) I had a nice 1/4" diameter flat nugget that had settled just before the black mat. Before I could decide what to do about it the current shifted at the top of the sluice and the nugget was gone. After that I played with decreasing the angle but the sluice just loaded up quicker. I would really appreciate your comments about your sluice.

Thanks 63bkpkr

Attachments

• 182_8294.JPG
    182_8294.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 491

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread