Rinoliner

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a good question and would also like to hear i some in-put.
take care and be safe out there. ron

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
I've never used Spray-on line but I am using roll-on liner. After I am done with my "Almost $0 Hillbilly Hibanker" I will post it and give you updates on how it worked.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I used spray on truck bed liner for my drop riffle sluice. I think that they don't give you enough in a can for the price tag. I barely had enough to coat a 30 inch sluice for 2 coats. It does work great though.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys, when you get a chance would like to see pictures and hear how well it worked.

astrobouncer, what brand did you buy for the spray on bed liner? does it make a differance?
yeah, sounds like you don't get much with the spray on, maybe the roll on is better but have
to wait for results.
what size container does the roll on come in?
also, maybe the spray on would be good for a smaller sluice.
take care and stay safe out there. ron

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
maui said:
thanks guys, when you get a chance would like to see pictures and hear how well it worked.

astrobouncer, what brand did you buy for the spray on bed liner? does it make a differance?
yeah, sounds like you don't get much with the spray on, maybe the roll on is better but have
to wait for results.
what size container does the roll on come in?
also, maybe the spray on would be good for a smaller sluice.
take care and stay safe out there. ron

It come in a paint can with a small can that has additive in it. My problem was I used it on wood so it tends to crack do to the wood slightly expanding and contracting. It would probably do better on Aluminum but you'll have to do multiple coats. 1 gallon should give you plenty but beware the stuff is messy. Don't wear any good clothes or do it an area that that needs to stay clean.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
The brand was rust oleum I believe. I actually coated mine with both Thompson's water sealer and outdoor deck sealer to waterproof it after I had used the truck bed liner on it.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks much for answering my questions. has anyone tried making a miller table and using
the bed liner material? thinking that maybe it would not be smooth enough. any thoughts
on this idea?
take care and be safe out there. ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread