FINALY

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FINALY I'M OUT THE DOOR TODAY.. I'M OF TOO THE HURON MONTIAN TO PROSPECT THE RIVERS AND HUNT AND FISH GAME...MAKE FIRE WOOD ..SPEN TIME WITH MY.. UNCLE...WHO I GAVE THE DETECTING BUG TOO....ALL BE THEIR THREE DAYS.. TWO NIGHT.. BUT THE WETHER IS GOING SOUTH..BUT I SHOULD SERVIVE TAKE CARE EVERY BUDDY AND BE SAVE IN YOUR TRAVELS.. LIFTLOOP P.S. CAN'T WEIGHT TO RUN THE SLUICE AN PAN THE CONSONTRATES

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well got to the camp... seen one partridge on the way in.. home made raviolis and home made sauce to boot... and cast iron skilet fry ed chicken. Was on the menu for that night...We stop at the west branch.. I looked for a spot to set up the sluice... it's a wide rive deep in spots.. Doug some sand classified down to 3 sixteenth sluice it and we fund what I think silver very small flakes May be nickle...no snuffer bottle it sitting home in the Cabernet..But getting in the river.. sluicing...paining... I felt a little better. and that was after the fire wood making..That night the sauna won I had to opened the door....next day after scrambled eggs....ever have toast on the gas burner on one off those early 1900 contraption....they works nice My uncle only burnt two on one side each...we found a easy spot to make fire wood.... iron wood.... hard maple.. and one nice size oak... It's for the sauna stove...the wood was nice and dry with age...note you will notice some sparks when you cut iron wood....then Uncle and I looked for partridge on our way up too the east branch of the Huron....it's a wide...and deep river in spots.. I noticed that the sand would form around rock and the ones sticking strait up out off the water...other wise it's rocky... this is up high in the hills not low were it flatends out and is much more sandy....deeper pools...found a big er piece of that shiny stuff... Uncle not perpared tenner shoes lite coat....Me chest waders vest army coat heck I was bare handed in the water wasn't cold one bit could ed of stayed another 3 hours but... we left to come home... bummer....So no gold.. but I only cleaned my sluice four time the hole time their...next time I hope it's diffrent..uncle had his ace 2 fiddy with him found a couple of lincon pennies and trash.. liftloop

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home made ravioli & sauce with skillet fried chicken, a Sauna, scrambled eggs with toast(a little charcoal is good for a person from time to time), maple, oak and ironwood firewood and wild game, why did you fellas bother going home? Camp life sounds Really Nice!

Glad you were able to get out and try out your gear. Could you post some pictures of your finds? The flakes, if they are metal they should bend, not break or fall apart when bent. The flakes, I doubt they are mercury coated gold but if so be careful as heating the mercury off of the metal IS DANGEROUS. As you suggested possibly it is some other metal type rather than gold. Heating one flake with a propane torch OUTSIDE with plenty of air around you might prove to be interesting. IF you try this do it with a very soft, small flame otherwise it will blow the flake away.

Sounds like you and your uncle had a good time together and that is also what this is all about, 63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread