Detector(s) used
Whites & Bounty Hunter

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kerminer23,

I have a recirculating highbanker that uses a 1000 g/h electric pump and it works quite well. I have been thinking of getting a 1200 g/h for more volume but at this time cost is a little to high. You don't want to go less than a 750g/h. The pump just hooks up to a car battery.

Good luck

B H Prospector

OP
OP
K

kernminer23

Dec 17, 2010
Whiskey Flat
Detector(s) used
Whites & Bounty Hunter
Thanks for the reply B.H .... Now I need to figure out how to make a header box for the ez sluice cause Im thinkin they dont make one for it. Any ideas?

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kernminer23,

How are you at metal work ie cutting and bending sheet tin? I can design a header box but I'm not worth a darn when it comes to working with sheet metal. Tend to cut up my hands to look like hamberger. I can draw it up but you would have to make it to the dementions of your sliuce.

B H Prospector

Golden member

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2011
Here's my version of what I think that you are asking about. It uses a 1200gph electric pump that runs on 12volts, hence the car battery. The boiler box was made out of wood because I had no real metal working tools at the time. The box is a Keene A51 so it's about 6inch wide. The legs . . . oh those legs, they were a dumb idea. maybe try comming up with your own method here. I also installed a level on the unit so that setup would be a snap. The level was set in place with glue after I had set the device up in my garage and tested it for flow rate and drop. With 1200gph flowing through a 6 inch wide sluice you can really only process 1/4 inch sized gravels so the grizzley is designed based on that. The pump was mounted with a zap strap when I arrived and figured out where I wanted it, it saves on filter box design needs.

Dec222005018.jpg

Dec222005012.jpg

Dec222005016.jpg

The boiler box served to smooth out the water flow with that angeled deflection plate as well as breakup the material as well as help seperate the larger rocks and have them tumble out the backside because of the grizzle, really the grizzly should be made out of stainless rails like bike spokes or something like that instead of brass. The whole thing would fit in my backpack whick allow me to carry a shovel and have one free hand. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread