Pics of the finer things in life

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Took some pictures of what came out of my blue bowl. I had to pan it after the blue bowl to get it this clean. Do you guys have the same experience when you run the D.A.M bowl, thats no matter how high up you run the water some of the heavies wont leave? Hope you like the pics, just look at how big the letters on the dime are compared to the size of the au specks..lol...took way to long to get this small amount, well guess I really cant go out in the woods at night so might as well seperate what I already collected. Gravelwasher :dontknow:

Attachments

• close up.JPG
    close up.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 845
  • DSC03392.JPG
    DSC03392.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 836
  • flash close.JPG
    flash close.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 837
  • from blue bowl to pan.JPG
    from blue bowl to pan.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 827
  • small gold.JPG
    small gold.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 849

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Dam Industries bowl has been the absolute best at micro recovery for at least 25 years now and ya gotta just luv'm-John :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Takoda,

I don't know how long it took to collect the materials as it was already panned and then dumped in a bucket to process the fines out like I did last night. Probally took 20 min. for one small hand shovel scoop of black sand in the bowl per mesh size, 30 mesh, 50 mesh and 100 and then another 20 min to finish pan out what the bowl wont eject.

Hoser John, Does this sound like it is taking me too long or is that about right? I hear I can shock the sand but dint think it is worth the effort for the small amount, plus I seem to have collected about a gallon or 2 of black sands. I can only process about a cup at a time as I have the small sieves from pioneer mining. Thanks for any tips much appreciated!!! Gravelwasher :icon_sunny:

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gravelwasher,

It does take some time to blue bowl material. When I blue bowl I put only a cup of material in at a time for 30 and 50 mesh and run the water to the top until it clears out without over flowing it. This takes about 99% of black sands out. When I am done with 30 mesh I use a turkey baster to kindof puff the remaining sands away from the gold and then use a snuffer bottle to collect clean gold. I use this method for all meshes execpt on the 100 mesh I feed only a table spoon at a time. Also each mesh you drop the water level 1/4" so you don't push out any gold. No panning after just clean gold.

B H Prospector

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st throw away instructions-run full to the brim and always keep a eye of that great vortex(looks like a toilet flush) as that action is the carrier. Then you increase your rate 1,000%-introduce wet,on the side about 4" above the inlet and your good to go. I run a gallon jug fulla blacks in appx 15-20 minutes and for any micron gold recovery system this is on par with any tables or concentrators made specifically for cleanups only of micron gold. :headbang: John--ps I only use a garden hose and water the lawn or trees at the same time and they love them black iron rich sands too!! especially roses :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks for the info Hoser John. I had a feeling I might be babying it too much. I will try a bigger batch tonight. Gravelwasher

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Build yourself a feeder, set it up on an adjustable stand with a dribble of water running through it too slowly wash the cons in into the bowl, the feeder can be a jug, funnel, or a piece of gutter tapered down to a funnel tip, with the jug/funnel you will need to attach a piece of tubing for the cons to flow through, make sure you have a valve on the water for the feeder.

With a feeder you load it and get everything adjust and walk away and do something else and just check the setup from time to time.

Skip

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i totally agree with AU Seeker on useing a feeder for any type of cleanup equipment. i made my own out of alum bent up into a long triangle that tapers down to a pointed end .has adjustable water flow to move the cons in a controlled drip.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks for the tips on the blue bowl auto feeder, do any of you have a couple of pics of the custom set up? I watched the video of the fine gold recovery from the beach gold on the prospector channel, liked the way he had his gold machine/ modified blue bowl set up with like a condiment bottle [refillable ketchup squeezer from a resteraunt] for the feeder. Love to see what some of you have done to get some ideas. Thanks Gravelwasher Heres a couple pics of some gold I was cleaning up getting little bits of other rocks out, probally 8-12 trips to the creek to find what you see, I think its probally about a gram?

Attachments

• cleaning.JPG
    cleaning.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 650
  • sorting.JPG
    sorting.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 652

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it adds op man.........

Attachments

• gold pics new 002.jpg
    gold pics new 002.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 620

Goldbear

Apr 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Wouldnt it be a lot easier to melt it down in the microwave and let the flux do the work? Or is that meant for even smaller?

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL, I WISH I HAD FOUND THIS BEFORE I BUILT MY OWN "WHITE-BOWL". I COULD HAVE LEFT OUT A FEW
TROUBLE SPOTS IN THE PROCESS.

GOLDENSOCIAL, THANKS FOR POSTIN' THE VIDEO LINK.

EVEN BEFORE I HAD A CLUE WHAT I WAS DOIN' I WAS GETTING GOLD OUT OF MY OLD CON'S, AND I REALLY WORKED THEM HARD WITH MY GOLD PANS BEFORE I GAVE UP ON GETTING ANY MORE GOLD OUT.

NOW I HAVE SOME NEW TRICKS TO TRY. WHO KNOWS I MIGHT EVEN SHOW HOW MUCH I GOT,
IF I GET ENOUGH TO GET A PIC.

THANKS FOLKS.
PROSPECTORMIKEL
:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread