Summer Road Trip - Help!

angermd

Greenie
Mar 11, 2010
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi,
My wife and I are planning a road trip to take this summer. We're looking to do some sluicing and panning along the way but don't know where is good/public/free. We're from Denver, CO. Our proposed trip would take us West through Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and into California. We would then go North through Oregon to Washington. Finally, we would head back through Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Any help regarding good places to sluice would be greatly appreciated. Also, is there any good sluicing near Battle Mountain, NV? We've heard it has started having it's own gold rush, but haven't heard much more than that. Thanks!

angermd

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Where in California do you plan to go? Sounds like fun lots of gold belts to visit in those areas. I hear near Leadville Co. is good for sluicing, but no personal knowledge of the area. I saw some Rock and gem magazines that had maps of roadside areas to pan along interstates in the areas you mentioned. Good luck, Gravelwasher :thumbsup:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quartzville recreation area just east of SweetHome Oregon is a fun place to camp and prospect. The gold is fine but you almost always get gold. Lots of camping right next to the river. Might try to Google Quartzville.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions