jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under the general discussion I have my trommel project, I have been hashing this out for some time due to the fact that it is probably the most important part of my build (sluice). I am looking for some good suggestions and explanations to help with my decision. The drum is 12" and I am going to use a 2" trash pump. I don't think water supply is going to be an issue, not to sure how to determine how much I will be able to feed it material wise. Any help would be great... Thanks for looking.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Jog, whatever sluice you end up with, might I suggest you add a fluidized bed attachment to the end of your sluice. That way you will not lose gold.

Here's one a guy is building for his dredge:

http://gpex.ca/smf/index.php?topic=5542.0

You know my preferences are in the drop riffle type sluices, such as Angus McKirk, Le Trap, California sluice box etc. Instead of the Hungarian riffle style. They will catch fine gold and do it with less water flow then a conventional sluice.

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astrobouncer...
Thanks for the link, The issue I have with the tailing's at my claim is there is a lot of small rocks that are like slivers. I think they were formed from the large dredge buckets in the 1900s digging into the rock or another part of there dredge process. I am concerned that they may overload the riffles.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I see what you mean, Hmm. That is a problem. What about some kind of three stage sluice setup, like Keene uses on their dredges. And you could make the grizzly for the fluidized bed 1/4 inch or less, whatever was needed. 1/8th maybe. How big are these rock chips?

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the idea that I was leaning towards, Had the opportunity to buy a used 4" three stage awhile back but someone beat me to it. The rock chips are about 1/8" wide and roughly a 1/2" long. Very strange, When I was over there this fall I did some classifying with a half inch screen. I would end up with half or more of the bucket full of these rock chips. Half to quarter was actual pay dirt.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Astrobouncer said:
Jog, whatever sluice you end up with, might I suggest you add a fluidized bed attachment to the end of your sluice. That way you will not lose gold.

Here's one a guy is building for his dredge:

http://gpex.ca/smf/index.php?topic=5542.0

You know my preferences are in the drop riffle type sluices, such as Angus McKirk, Le Trap, California sluice box etc. Instead of the Hungarian riffle style. They will catch fine gold and do it with less water flow then a conventional sluice.
i tried to register on this site.im waiting for approval. the copper tubes in this guys Fluidbed are going in the wrong direction. in this configureation, itll make corn rows of his cons. these copper lines need to go across his flow. i know, i made the same mistake on my first fluid bed that i made.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions