Gold in cracks and bedrock pics

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hey just wanted to share some pics of the take for the day. Caminochaos and I went out to a roaring creek today for a few hours of prospecting. The spot is awesome it has bedrock everywhere, the creek cuts through a bedrock canyon of granite, greenstone, and quartz. We dug/scraped a lot of cracks and in general cleaned 8-12 inches of overburden down to the bedrock. We were stuck high up on the bank, the creek was really moving a lot of water today, cant wait for it to drop in flow. Take a look, will post em as I pan it out. Thanks for looking, Gravelwasher

Attachments

• 30 blue glass.JPG
    30 blue glass.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 30 blue.JPG
    30 blue.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 1,061
  • 30 clear glass.JPG
    30 clear glass.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 30 dime angle.JPG
    30 dime angle.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,068
  • 30 dime.JPG
    30 dime.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 30plus.JPG
    30plus.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,040
OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
All finished up this is the final take for 2 people aprox. 4hrs each. Let me know what ya think? :dontknow: not bad eh? :laughing7:

Attachments

• glass 8hrs.JPG
    glass 8hrs.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 996
  • dime au bwl.JPG
    dime au bwl.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 988
  • b-bowl pan setup.JPG
    b-bowl pan setup.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 999
  • 4hrs x2.JPG
    4hrs x2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,010
  • all.JPG
    all.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 999
  • out of blue bwl.JPG
    out of blue bwl.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,104

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff guys.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
:coffee2:

Thanks Frank1960!!! What amount of gold you finding out in Colorado for a days sluicing, I mean how does it compare to my pics? I hear you all have some nice gold out there my co worker worked at a mine out in Leadville area and told me he did better panning in an afternoon than I do all day with my sluice here. Any truth to that? Thanks Gravelwasher!!! :dontknow:

Attachments

• close up blw bwl au.JPG
    close up blw bwl au.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 1,041
  • b-bowl gold ovr view.JPG
    b-bowl gold ovr view.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 948

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have done well . And it seems you have found a good spot also. Did you work the overburden ? To see how much it was holding . Or did you just work the cracks and the bottom sand .

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Worked the overburden as long as it was hard packed and not all sand, most of this had dirt sand and gravel all fairly hard packed with cobble stones sitting on top. We classified to 3/8 inch and ran it through a Keene a52. Did some test panning 1st to make sure the material was holding the shine. Good Au to you!! :hello2:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Well Gravelwasher I would love to answer that but I haven't started panning yet just got all the things to get started this spring. But from what I have heard off another forum and seen pics of looks pretty promising. I hope I find good color like you have that is for sure. My first ounce goes for a popup camper so I can stay out longer on site lol Some how I think that might take a while.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravelwasher,
That "Color" is so eye catching! The two of you did very well because 1) you found gold 2) you both came back alive. I would have to bet that stream as well as all of them coming out of the hills in your area are really moving a lot of water. I've been monitoring water flows on the major rivers and they are very high so the snow is melting but more rain is on the way.

Thanks for sharing, be safe.......63bkpkr

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A #3 added to backpackers 2-----#3- You spent a great day outside in God's creation!

Good job guys!

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
I'm happy G.W. is showing me alll his spots. They have been providing good color. The hike out sucked eggs. I could barely walk let alone play basketball yesterday.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sackett #3 is likely the best of the three

You fellas live in the mountains so there is no need in my stating that it has been raining and from what I can see from the graphs on the USGS water flow site the rivers have received great quantities of runoff. I'd guess it is a combo of snow melt and rain as one river jumped from 2000cfs to a tad over 5000cfs. That could have washed a little more off the hills making it available for yawl to locate.

Frank if you worked it right you could get a new camper and new truck to put under it.

That nearly 10 pound nugget goes up for bidding in Sac town today. It will be interesting to see what the final bid price is.

I just noticed a bunch of squirrels jumping from tree to tree, yumm squirrel stew! No I didn't but the thought was there. I guess I've been in the four walls too long this winter making it so easy to distract my mind from what I need to do and I could use say 4 months of #3.

63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread