Wilderness areas?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas powered contrivences are the wilderness bane. What you can do is closely regulated by the forest king who runs that particuliar area. In some ya can't do nuttn' and others sluice,pan and detect. Check with the locals BUT get everything in writing and keep in a backpak with ya as forest cops don't know rules and regs and have been running folks off lately especially in the tahoe area-John

OP
OP
Goldbear

Goldbear

Apr 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Well it should be listed or posted so as not to be even debateable as whether it is legal. How can you get it in writing that it is ok when it truely might be but they think it is not and they are in the wrong? I know mechanicals or even so much as a wheel is not allowed so when I see them posting in their advertising legal in wilderness areas, that should be obviously stated in some rule. If a battery operated metal detector is not legal than neither should be flashlights or a GPS. I just figured digging in a stream was probably illegal, but then again maybe its not???

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Millions a new ones--just google Forest Service CFRs and be prepared to get ill-don't shoot the messenger please-John :read2:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i agree with Hoser! knowing the rules/laws and haveing a copy of the pertanant ones will help you when the unknowing green cops/wacoenviromentalists want to stop you when you are perfectly legal. if stoped by law enforcement,ask for him/her to specifically write down the law your supposedly violating,esspeccialy if youve been cited. this will help you if you have to appear and youll know what to study for your defense.otherwise it may come down to "your" misunderstanding of the law according to the unknowing green cop!

OP
OP
Goldbear

Goldbear

Apr 25, 2011
Wisconsin
You know those laws sound like they are written up to basically leave to the discretion of the manager in charge of the area. I am sure many tell friends and family yes and others no. They might as well start putting swastikas on their uniforms.

No shootin messengers here hoser. Thanks.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of us are waiting for the flooding/high water to go down, I sure am here in NorCal..........63bkpkr

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WE FEAL YOUR PAIN...
NW ARKANSAS IS CAUGHT UP ON RAIN TILL ABOUT CHRISTMAS!!
AND THE ARKANSAS RIVER IS BACKING UP FROM OVERFLOWING MISSISSIPPI RIVER.
MY DAD HAD TO BUY A BOAT TO GET TO HIS BOATDOCK.

BRIGHT SIDE.... FLOODS BRING OUT A LITTLE MORE GOLD IN THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY!
:icon_sunny:

Nov 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree with Hoser! knowing the rules/laws and haveing a copy of the pertanant ones will help you when the unknowing green cops/wacoenviromentalists want to stop you when you are perfectly legal. if stoped by law enforcement,ask for him/her to specifically write down the law your supposedly violating,esspeccialy if youve been cited. this will help you if you have to appear and youll know what to study for your defense.otherwise it may come down to "your" misunderstanding of the law according to the unknowing green cop!

Stop confusing legitimate environmentalists with corrupt authoritarian Dems and GOPs and criminal cartels occupying government seats and committing treason against the constitution under the guise of environmentalism. THINK HARDER.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Environmentalist = You cannot touch or use anything in the environment.

Conservationist = The environment is there for you to use without totally destroying it.

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
remember ann rayn's writting where the beaurocrat explains that the purpose of the law is not to be simple so people can follow the law but to be complicated so the goverment can control the people

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread