whites branch channel placer county CA , cemented river bottom

jasonm1979

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been working an old hydraulic mine near dutch flat for the last 6 months, I have found gold just about everywhere , but lots of fines . I have come across a few monitor mounds that are cemented . I have done around 20 test samples on the lowest mound, Im not seeing the amount of gold I would like for being virgin material located so low in the channel. Does anyone have experience with cemented gravels in this area ? I have found good gold all around this mound. the only reason I am hesitant to process this area is that its hard on my backhoe and after a few repairs im having second thoughts

anyway let me know if you have some advice.

also the larger gold I have found out of this mound was covered in a volcanic layer I think, it was almost black with a rusty color and not alot of fine gold recovered , but 60 percent of the small to large rocks coming out of this area are quartz , some areas have square quartz that has not been washed by a river sitting directly on the bedrock.

calgeologist

Oct 31, 2011
Austin, TX and Motherlode
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hard to tell without looking at the ground in person or in pics. Cementing could just be due to a mineral like calcite leaching out and precipitating on these mounds. I sent you a PM with more info.

Good luck to ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread