Oversize powerjets

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I need a few thoughts on "oversize" powerjets. I bought a 4" powerjet with a 2" log. Some places where the water allows and the sand/gravel are loose, I plan using the 4". But, where I need more suction and don't wish to deal with large rocks, I figured it would be better to use a three inch hose. Here's the idea... put a liner into the 4" powerjet to reduce it to an "oversize" 3". This should work with no problem. I'll be getting a 3" oversize powerjet without paying a rediculous premium for "oversize" nozzles. It figure that I can always reduce the inner diameter without penalty or try creating a new law of physics.

Why pay about $110 for an oversize powerjet, when $5-$10 of PVC pipe as a liner will do the same.

What ideas are there?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: Plugups will drive ya nutz and a 3" will not supply enough water to run the riffles and clean the box. Look for a suction nozzzle would be my suggestion for low water situations or if cavitation,resultant loss of prime is killing ya,simply add 3 foot a hose to header and it will submerge your jetlog underwater and problem solved-great indian summer action going on so go get ya some-tons a au 2 u2 -John

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
something i did for the five inch to snake a hose under a boulder i tried to winch but the cable broke twice on

i found a clay to plastic reducer made of rubber
another 4x2 inch abs reducer
just a thought make up one for the four inch

Attachments

• IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG