Has any one used this fine gold recovery sluice

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i havent used this unit but similar units have been made using slate,blackboard spray paint and a somewhat soft flat rubber mating with equally good results. also never add dry cons to a wet system. youll end up floating away and losing(into the recirculating tub) the super fines.wet to wet/dry to dry is a good rule of thumb!also, youll notice the he keeps dipping his hands into the water.thats because his hands were clean and hes trying to keep them clean to keep his body oils off his hands from building up on his hands. body oils will help the fines float.he has a nice unit and displayed it well. kept it simple!

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
russau said:
i havent used this unit but similar units have been made using slate,blackboard spray paint and a somewhat soft flat rubber mating with equally good results. also never add dry cons to a wet system. youll end up floating away and losing(into the recirculating tub) the super fines.wet to wet/dry to dry is a good rule of thumb!also, youll notice the he keeps dipping his hands into the water.thats because his hands were clean and hes trying to keep them clean to keep his body oils off his hands from building up on his hands. body oils will help the fines float.he has a nice unit and displayed it well. kept it simple!
So if i got one like that you think i should only use wet cons with it ?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
thats what ive always been told! but he had good results (on the video)with him adding dry cons to the water. ive been told that this will/can cause really fine gold to float away. generally that fine gold is what we get here in the midwest and dont want to risk loseing it.

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
I've got one I built using slate and when I added dry cons to it they went right off the table. I've got mine set up on a small table and it runs into a gold pan set on a bucket that is set in the recirculating tub so all I have to do is swap pans if something happens or I want to run the material again. It's a lot easier than digging the cons back out of the tub. Doug.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Doug Watson said:
I've got one I built using slate and when I added dry cons to it they went right off the table. I've got mine set up on a small table and it runs into a gold pan set on a bucket that is set in the recirculating tub so all I have to do is swap pans if something happens or I want to run the material again.
That is what i was going to do if i got the sluice . Put a gold pan at the end of it to catch any thing that might slip through............................... Jim

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
like i said, i dont have one of these, but i do have a small Miller table which is essentially the same thing. mine is also made with Slate not the rubber(?) they are useing, but ive heard that it is good also and a lot cheaper/easier to get!

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
russau said:
like i said, i dont have one of these, but i do have a small Miller table which is essentially the same thing. mine is also made with Slate not the rubber(?) they are useing, but ive heard that it is good also and a lot cheaper/easier to get!
Yes the sluice cost is $125.00 from progoldprospecting.com

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Make yourself one of theses things and forget about a sluice.......... [video=vimeo;34977104]http://vimeo.com/34977104[/video]

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
your device looked very interesting! but a person useing this would have to watch it closely if running material that has a lot of blacksands. if they do, they will need todo cleanups more often!

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the key to using a fluid bed recovery is in the flow control ..... you don't want a lot of turbulence, you want just enough to keep the materials suspended so the heavies can drop through the quicksand.......... you would be surprised at just how much concentrate you can run before cleanup.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
as it turns out, one guy in our club has one of these black majic devices and he really likes it. i watched it operate for awhile and it works just like my small Miller table and it appeared to me it ran just as good as my table! but the table was a whole lot cheaper for me to make!but for the guys that dont/cant, it works just fine!

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
russau said:
as it turns out, one guy in our club has one of these black majic devices and he really likes it. i watched it operate for awhile and it works just like my small Miller table and it appeared to me it ran just as good as my table! but the table was a whole lot cheaper for me to make!but for the guys that dont/cant, it works just fine!
That is why i was looking at the black magic...... I am no good at making things...I am one of the can not's. .... My wife always tells me Jim please don't try to fix that................ But this video of what .. johnedoe ... put up here i think i can make that ... And i will get the making's and do this one..

sledgeman

Aug 14, 2012
Surprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super-Trac
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Black Magic Fine Gold Recovery System.

I bought this about a month ago. Sold my blue bowl because this is soooo much better. Separated 200 mesh from black sands like magic. You have a little learning curve on the water flow. Make sure you put some Jet Dry in the water about 1/4 cup is enough if you buy their tub too. I recommend you do because it has a lip on it that hold the table at the perfect angle. Easier to set up if you dump some 200 mesh on the table and adjust the flow to where it doesn't move down the table at all. All in all a great product if you deal with a lot of black sands. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea we have 2. They work fine, here's a couple video links that shows it all. I think there's 3 or more videos on it on my channel. For $125 it a good deal but you can buy one of Russau's if he has any slate tables left, which is the way I would go. We've had a couple of the black magics start peeling & we're not sure why. We are thinking that the glue wasn't dry from the factory. One bubbled, sent it back, the next one bubbled also. It's a toss up between that or the blue bowl as far as speed of recovery. The table is a little easier to use but both get the job done well. As far as the Little Baby Fluid Bed goes, it's for a totally different purpose. The Black magic & Blue Bowl separate the gold from the concentrates, the fluid bed makes concentrates so it's a step before the table using the same principals as the Bazooka line of sluice boxes. The gold will still have to be separated after you use it either way.

Last edited:

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
Bought one at the gold show in Washington last April. Fun to play with, but you have to screen to 30 mesh and use jet dry in the recirc system.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread