Ordered a Bazooka gold trap sluice - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ordered a Bazooka gold trap sluice

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2012
    6 times
    Prospecting

Re: Ordered a Bazooka gold trap sluice

It is all getting dirty tomorrow. We are all going out to the Llano river to really mess it up.

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    106 times

And that is what it is all about. Have a good one.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2809 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

Yes it looks like you are set for a good day prospecting....
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

us
    Feb 2012
    6 times
    Prospecting

Yup, my kids are all excited. I had them practicing on lead shavings in the back yard with regular dirt. I put 4 tiny lead shavings in the dirt and each of them panned it down and found all 4 shavings. The kids are now confident that they know what to do and they are only 9 and 11. My 20 year old daughter is coming with us, and she is sort of excited, but she hates being out in the sun, I think she might be a vampire.

us
    Jun 2009
    340 times

Nice equipment, good luck tomorrow. If you notice the trap holding too much bigger gravel, you can run a 4 mesh hardware cloth zip tied over the stock grizzly to cut down on that.
    Sample till you find the hot spot, then mine it till its gone! Then start over...

us
    Feb 2012
    6 times
    Prospecting

Quote Originally Posted by Astrobouncer
    Nice equipment, good luck tomorrow. If you notice the trap holding too much bigger gravel, you can run a 4 mesh hardware cloth zip tied over the stock grizzly to cut down on that.
    Ya after watching the videos on youtube, that was the first thing that popped in my mind. Im gonna stop by the hardware store on the way to the river in the morning.

us
    Feb 2012
    Gainesville, TX
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by replicaprops
    It is all getting dirty tomorrow. We are all going out to the Llano river to really mess it up.
    Is there a group that gets together on the Llano for prospecting? I'm up in North Texas and was looking for a place to go and have a little fun. Oh, and good luck today. Hope to see pics of a little color

us
    Feb 2012
    6 times
    Prospecting

Is there a group that gets together on the Llano for prospecting? I'm up in North Texas and was looking for a place to go and have a little fun. Oh, and good luck today. Hope to see pics of a little color
    It is still a little cold today for us to take the kids in the river, so we are putting it off till tomorrow or next week end.

This is a public area, rules are posted in the left side of this link. No fees or permission needed. Just follow the posted rules.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...a3d855815&z=15

us
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    Tesoro LST, Tejon, Whites GMT, Makro Gold Kruzer, Falcon MD20, Fisher F-Pulse, Garrett Pro Pointer AT.
    330 times
    Prospecting
    I finally tried out my Bazooka gold trap sluice this last weekend, prospector model. I only had about an hour, so I collected two five gallon buckets and ran them. I was on the Arkansas River around Buena Vista CO. The river is still low, so I was able to collect from exposed riverbed. I only got about 10 course flakes, not bad for just scooping from around rocks quickly. I'm happy so far with the performance of this sluice, hopefully I'll be able to spend more time this weekend putting this thing through it's paces. By the way, you don't need to worry about the bigger, lighter gravel in the trap. As you feed it, the heavy material builds up in the bottom of the trap and slowly pushes the lighter gravel out. Since I didn't run very much last weekend, I had a lot of light gravel in the trap, so an 8 mesh classifier seperated it from the heavies in about 5 seconds.
    Last edited by nuggetshooter323; Mar 29, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
    UncleMatt likes this.

us
    Jul 2012
    Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
    Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
    2495 times
    I just bought the prospector model for use in the San Juans in CO where the sediments are very course. This design should allow easy seperation and collection from that type of sediment. Literally zero clays, just coarse particles. Dirt that hasn't had a chance to become fine yet you might say.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    11221 times
    Prospecting
    I just bought a slightly used bazooka Prospector, am very excited to get it wet! I would love to hear your experiences with yours

us
    Feb 2012
    6 times
    Prospecting
    I used it 2 times last season, and this season I am going to modify the stand I built for it to be more sturdy. The Llano river is really fast and it knocks over the stand, so I am planning on mounting pontoons to the stand and that should keep the bazooka submerged at the proper depth no matter what depth of water Im working in.
    This is what my stand looks like now, Ill post photos when Im done modifying it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8212532640_99d825d334_c.jpg 
Views:	2402 
Size:	255.7 KB 
ID:	704185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8212531612_17a6fede76_c.jpg 
Views:	1024 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	704186

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1578 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    neat stand.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

us
    Jul 2012
    Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
    Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
    2495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    I just bought a slightly used bazooka Prospector, am very excited to get it wet! I would love to hear your experiences with yours
    Unless we get some more snow in CO, might not be enough water to run a sluice come spring!
    Last edited by UncleMatt; Nov 24, 2012 at 08:21 AM.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    11221 times
    Prospecting
    Ran for just under two hours yesterday...nice, easy sluice to use, sure can shovel a lot when you dont have to classify!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first bazooka gold 11-23-12 web.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	704553

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links