OP
OP
R

replicaprops

Feb 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Astrobouncer said:
Nice equipment, good luck tomorrow. If you notice the trap holding too much bigger gravel, you can run a 4 mesh hardware cloth zip tied over the stock grizzly to cut down on that.
Ya after watching the videos on youtube, that was the first thing that popped in my mind. Im gonna stop by the hardware store on the way to the river in the morning.

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
replicaprops said:
It is all getting dirty tomorrow. We are all going out to the Llano river to really mess it up.
Is there a group that gets together on the Llano for prospecting? I'm up in North Texas and was looking for a place to go and have a little fun. Oh, and good luck today. Hope to see pics of a little color :)

OP
OP
R

replicaprops

Feb 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is there a group that gets together on the Llano for prospecting? I'm up in North Texas and was looking for a place to go and have a little fun. Oh, and good luck today. Hope to see pics of a little color :)

It is still a little cold today for us to take the kids in the river, so we are putting it off till tomorrow or next week end.

This is a public area, rules are posted in the left side of this link. No fees or permission needed. Just follow the posted rules.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...569990652038174708.000460e1364da3d855815&z=15

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I finally tried out my Bazooka gold trap sluice this last weekend, prospector model. I only had about an hour, so I collected two five gallon buckets and ran them. I was on the Arkansas River around Buena Vista CO. The river is still low, so I was able to collect from exposed riverbed. I only got about 10 course flakes, not bad for just scooping from around rocks quickly. I'm happy so far with the performance of this sluice, hopefully I'll be able to spend more time this weekend putting this thing through it's paces. By the way, you don't need to worry about the bigger, lighter gravel in the trap. As you feed it, the heavy material builds up in the bottom of the trap and slowly pushes the lighter gravel out. Since I didn't run very much last weekend, I had a lot of light gravel in the trap, so an 8 mesh classifier seperated it from the heavies in about 5 seconds.

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought the prospector model for use in the San Juans in CO where the sediments are very course. This design should allow easy seperation and collection from that type of sediment. Literally zero clays, just coarse particles. Dirt that hasn't had a chance to become fine yet you might say.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just bought a slightly used bazooka Prospector, am very excited to get it wet! I would love to hear your experiences with yours :)

OP
OP
R

replicaprops

Feb 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I used it 2 times last season, and this season I am going to modify the stand I built for it to be more sturdy. The Llano river is really fast and it knocks over the stand, so I am planning on mounting pontoons to the stand and that should keep the bazooka submerged at the proper depth no matter what depth of water Im working in.
This is what my stand looks like now, Ill post photos when Im done modifying it.

8212532640_99d825d334_c.jpg 8212531612_17a6fede76_c.jpg

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a slightly used bazooka Prospector, am very excited to get it wet! I would love to hear your experiences with yours :)

Unless we get some more snow in CO, might not be enough water to run a sluice come spring!

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ran for just under two hours yesterday...nice, easy sluice to use, sure can shovel a lot when you dont have to classify!
first bazooka gold 11-23-12 web.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, the Bazooka catches the fine gold! The stuff on the right side of the pic is VERY fine but more bigger stuff on the left ...totals 0.15 grams which is pretty good for me. BTW, that is all finish panned manually including some very aggressive bumping/tapping which drove those fines quickly out of the classified cons :)

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't count that high LOL...seriously don't know but the hole was about 10-12 cubic feet I would say. I worked hard!!

OP
OP
R

replicaprops

Feb 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And did you do clean outs or did you leave it for the end of the day? I would do about 50 shovels, then transfer the trap to a 5 gallon bucket then start over. But I have heard you could literally shovel for weeks into the bazooka and when you see actual gold spilling out the front you know your full. I of course was very skeptical of that, but next time I am going to just shovel all day and see what happens.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I only ran 1 hour, did a clean out to see how I was doing then ran 45 min until dusk. Definitely could have run a LOT longer between cleanouts based on the material in the trap. Each time it was basically one fairly full pan with over half lighter weight gravel/sand. Next time I will run longer and get the same amount of material I think but more heavies and less lighter stuff.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I shoveled for four hours the last time I used mine, and the trap was not anywhere near to being full.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i put a couple buckets through in my super mini week before last and only got a cup full of cons and some really fine gold not bad for only an hour.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I used the prospector model in my newest video with 4 mesh hardware cloth over the stock grizzly to keep out the big gangue. Worked great and you can checkout the fines I got at the end of the video.

OP
OP
R

replicaprops

Feb 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Fever just went up a few degrees. Sping time can't come fast enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread