Astrobouncer. ? for you.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I fabricated it using a drill! I couldnt find any place locally selling some either. I started with 3/16 inch holes then after about 12 rows went bigger, till I got up to about 3/8 inch towards the end.

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Astrobouncer said:
I fabricated it using a drill! I couldnt find any place locally selling some either. I started with 3/16 inch holes then after about 12 rows went bigger, till I got up to about 3/8 inch towards the end.

What and where did u get your material?

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I used just some oak plywood from Lowes. For the template for the holes I used one of those 2 foot iron sections they sell in the hardware store that have the holes already pre-drilled (you can see it in pic 1 at the bottom). After drilling out all the marked holes I painted it a couple coats flat black. Once those coats were dry I soaked it in clear poly urethane.

I just built it as a test, but it worked so well I will definitely use it some more this year. Would like to get some real punch plate but no that I can find one around here sells it, and no sense paying 15 bucks shipping on something that costs 15$!

Here's some pics. Last pic is it drying after being soaked in the urethane.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i found some small peices of stainless steel punch plate and used it for a template also for a thing i made for a good friend. the part i needed to make was a specific shape of a punch plate so i used what i had for a drill guide to make his part. it worked great as a drill guide.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astro, you are still high on the prospectors list of do it yourselfer's, always coming up with something new! Never stop thinking man as that is your thing.............63bkpkr

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an old thread , yet it contains a lot of useful info .

Only the last few of the pics that Astro has posted didn't show up , if you read this please post them again if you can.

Thanks Astro and Russ !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread