flour gold recovery options

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG thats a nice table you made! it looks like mine except i used ABS plastic for the bed.and i use a small scraper and a small paint brush to retreive my fine gold specks!i just gave the Gold Cube a intense once over with the maker (Mike Pung) at the St.Joseph, Missouri gold and treasure show and i cant beleive its good abilitys to save the really fine stuff and its addition of the (shovel to from the creek)classifier and drop riffel top. The Gold Cube is a winner in my eyes!! now to buy one!

I highly recommend the Cube!
Even though I made my own version complete with vibrating classifier that I call "The Hoosier Gold Daddy", I really believe in their concept!
The gate traps they use at the end of each tier also do a great job of trapping any gold that is either too big or somehow gets past the mat.

Cant wait to see their classifier & drop riffle set up at the Gold Show in Dayton Ohio this weekend.
Never underestimate the value of that vortex mat in trapping the really fine and flour gold. I now use it on all my sluices (with the exception of the fluid bed ones).

That Miller table I posted has had several improvements since the photo was taken. Such as, the addition of filter material around the water supply bar along with the addition of a pvc spillway and an automatic feeder.

Miller tables are the best "non dangerous" tool for recovering fine and flour gold from black sand concentrates, bar none!
Otherwise the best is using mercury and a retort.

I like your scraper and brush idea. I've been using a piece of wet chamois to collect the specks and then brush them off into a pan for drying.

GG~

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just gave the Gold Cube a intense once over with the maker (Mike Pung) at the St.Joseph, Missouri gold and treasure show and i cant beleive its good abilitys to save the really fine stuff and its addition of the (shovel to from the creek) classifier and drop riffel top. The Gold Cube is a winner in my eyes!! now to buy one!

Russ,

I just returned from the Dayton Ohio GPAA gold show this weekend. Had some very informative conversations with Mike Pung. loved his seminar on fine gold recovery, seems he and I are on the same page.

Really liked his "pat your head" "rub your belly" method of walking the gold out of the black sand in a gold pan.
That will be the method I will use from now on!

I hadn't known of the relationship between he and the Gold-N-Sand guy until the show. I think I put a bug in their ear about using the Gold-N-Sand hand Dredge to dredge directly into the new Gold Cube classifier. I think I could hear the wheels turning when I brought it up. :tongue3:

Anyway I loved the show, saw some old friends and made some new ones, and came away with a new idea or two. All and all a great weekend!

*Almost forgot .... First time I had seen a water driven trommel! And the inventor Joshua Rekstad (Midwest Mining) is willing to sell the components to make one. Now you don't have to have a separate motor to drive the drum, just drive it with water from the same pump you use to supply the spray bar. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
im glad you had a chance to talk with Mike and Red. i was at the Missouri gold show and talked a lot with both of them.(Good Guys!!!) i helped them unload and after the show i helped them reload their wares. we also went out to dinner Saturday night. they both have a good peice of equipment.i wish i had the extra $$$$ to buy them.someday!!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do u mine in Indiana?

I pretty much stick to central Indiana, Brown County, Monroe County, Morgan County, Jackson County, a little in Scott and Clark County.

Lambs Creek, Sand Creek, Sugar Creek, Salt creek, Gose Creek, Beanblossom Creek, Honey Creek, Big Creek, Elk Creek, Limestone Creek, Butler Creek, Gold Creek, Indian Creek, Sycamore Creek, Fourteen Mile Creek, Greenhorn Creek, and Highland Creek to name a few. :tongue3:

Sorry, but I keep the exact locations under my hat.

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever tried the white river? i completely understand about keeping your hotspots a secret

I haven't tried it yet but it's on my list of places to go try once my big dredge is river ready :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread