New Gold Cleaning Sluice box...works in Seconds

azman67

May 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
I am new to gold prospecting but new that I have seen "Bering Sea Gold" and after seeing this guys new sluice design in this video on youtube...I am seriously thinking of getting into gold mining!

Any feedback please??? thank you

On youtube video by xgrumpyprospector
he has a home made sluice that traps and cleans all your microscopic gold, while blowing out 1.25 inch rocks at the same time all whilst keeping the microgold safe in the trap...amazing I have never seen anything like it!!!!! the guys name is Mike and he calls it his UnderFlow or UnderTow sluice box historically there was something similar called a "boil box"
Looks easy enough to build one....

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
basically this is a copy of the Gold Cube design that Mike Pung developed from Trev Altys design that was posted on goldminers on yeahoogroups years back.yes it works once you have the gate set to its needed height!

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Really nothing new here including the type of demo. 1. Get some coarse gold 2. Make sure you have no or only a trace of black sand
3. Add pure light quartz- 4. Run sample 5. Show incredible results - Then buy "new" incredible gold grabbing machine.
You would get the same results almost as fast using a gold pan. Unfortunately a lot of folks have indeed just jumped off the turnip truck when visiting the big city Circus and really think this demo means anything.

George

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really nothing new here including the type of demo. 1. Get some coarse gold 2. Make sure you have no or only a trace of black sand 3. Add pure light quartz- 4. Run sample 5. Show incredible results - Then buy "new" incredible gold grabbing machine. You would get the same results almost as fast using a gold pan. Unfortunately a lot of folks have indeed just jumped off the turnip truck when visiting the big city Circus and really think this demo means anything. George
excellent points! Newbies need to be careful of being sold snake oil. There is a LONG tradition of scamming miners with useless equipment.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you watch the show carefully you'll also see all the gold on the deck and the barge owner having a fit as the inept operator says no big deal . :censored: Losing gold is ALWAYS a big deal to me. John

Gold Rover

Feb 19, 2014
Western Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
excellent points! Newbies need to be careful of being sold snake oil. There is a LONG tradition of scamming miners with useless equipment.
I would encourage newbies to try everything that interests them. That way they will find hundreds of things that don't work, and a few that do.

There's your learning curve, right there.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
If you are getting into gold mining because of a machine then you really don't have the fever. I don't care what kind of equipment you use, you'll lose the desire right quick. Mining is hard work and results come with the learning curve. I haven't found very much but the adventure keeps me going. This is not a quick fix. It takes time. Hurry up and wait, much like poker. Starts with a pan and ends with the same. I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. Cheap!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would encourage newbies to try everything that interests them. That way they will find hundreds of things that don't work, and a few that do. There's your learning curve, right there.
Great plan if you have unlimited funds and storage space (!) for gear that only sorta works. Otherwise look for legit reviews and YouTube video of the gear in use in field conditions before handing over hard earned money :)

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a nice post.I have a learn new thinks from this site.I share it with my all friends.I impressed by the quality of good information.Best of luck,Keep up good work.
You're right. There is a lot of good info here. This is a thread from about two years ago and I think most have kind of passed on this idea. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would encourage newbies to try everything that interests them. That way they will find hundreds of things that don't work, and a few that do.

There's your learning curve, right there.

Then share what worked and what did not with the rest of us gold guys! :)

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again someone is allowing their gear to regulate where they can dig instead of getting boots on the ground and seeing what gear is needed to get the gold out. If I wasn't so honest, I could make a fortune selling gear to noobs instead of giving free advice.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you just said it all. Learn how to find the gold first. Expensive useless toys last......

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Folks, Apple 18 is an online spammer. Go back and look at
all their posts...pretty much cookie-cutter responses. All they are
doing is trying to build up their post numbers.

I've reported them to the mod's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread