Water pupm question

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have to use an inverter . then plug it up. not a good mix with water ,wet conditions .might get some unnecessary shock therapy !

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out MarineMAx for pumps, I just bought a 1100gph at a good price from them. I dont buy anything from china its all crap and sure to break, everything from harbor freight is all made in china, I wont even walk in that store, its all crap, unless you like throwing away your money. Your current pump is made to work on 110 so hooking it up to a battery may not work, not sure but you could always try just by connecting one wire to one terminal and the other to the other, it shouldnt matter which termnal is which I wouldnt think but then Im no electrician. I use a marine battery with 28 hours life with my pump then just swap out my car battery and charge it up in about 30 min, the alternator will kick off when the battery is charged so no worries about over charging.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Williamsingr was talking about hooking a 110v AC motor to a 12v DC battery.
BAD idea.

Get an inverter or a 12v DC bilge pump like the store bought highbankers use.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a bilge pump...... go to a marine store and get bilge pump hose. Or else order it from online.
Here is where I get mine: Rule Hose - Bilge, Polyethylene (use the drop down menus for the correct size and length)

GG~

John-K

Jul 31, 2012
>GJ Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a bilge pump...... go to a marine store and get bilge pump hose. Or else order it from online.
Here is where I get mine: Rule Hose - Bilge, Polyethylene (use the drop down menus for the correct size and length)

GG~

The online option may be the way to go. For some reason this area of High Desert doesn't seem to offer many Marine shops. Was hoping for an adapter to make it more universal. :-)

TY!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The online option may be the way to go. For some reason this area of High Desert doesn't seem to offer many Marine shops. Was hoping for an adapter to make it more universal. :-)

TY!

You may also be able to purchase 1-1/8" hose at Lowes. But it will cost more than ordering online from the link I gave you.

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
I have a Rule 1500 GPH bilge pump. Hooked to 1 1/2 lay flat hose 20 feet long then reduced to 1 1/4 PVC to run water for my mini gold grabber . Runs on a 12 volt M/C battery . Runs non stop for 3 hours.

John-K

Jul 31, 2012
>GJ Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may also be able to purchase 1-1/8" hose at Lowes. But it will cost more than ordering online from the link I gave you.

I went to both Lowes and Home Depot and neither store could help me. Heck Home Depot couldn't even give me the parts to adapt 1 1/4 to 3/4 even by way of 1", crazy....

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
I got the blue discharge hose. For the pressure a bilge pump has works perfect. Home depot special.

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
The blue discharge hose is 1 1/2. I used a 1 1/2 to 1 inch reducer. It fits with a little help into the discharge hose then into my mini gold grabber that has 1" PVC .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread