NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

James/Ouida

Jan 23, 2012
Alaska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Alaska, I've seen and heard of many Keene sluice boxes. I've also seen the results of these, and that's what I'd like to buy. There are many, many types of sluices out there, do lots of research. I'm building my own first though, cause if the fellas from the 1880s can hammer one out, id better be able to!
James

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoken like a true Alaskan James ! and I agree with you, Ihave had my hand at making a couple small wooden riffle sluice and a couple fluid bed’s with the help fromeverybody on this forum. Wouldn’t been able to do it without all the advice andinfo here. I see your from the SE. Iwas up in Ketchikan a couple years ago and spent a week on the Naha hunting andfishing. They could have left me there and I wouldn’t have minded. By the wayfor eight days in the bush it only rained once and then only half the day, I thinkthis was a record or something. Typical year I was told is 150” a year. Didn’tdo any gold prospecting, but that’s kinda where the fever started. Walkingthrough town every other shop was full of gold. Not the kind I could affordthough. Not really sure I can afford the kind I’m finding now LOL. Anyway backto the sluice, your right Keene seems to be synonymous with the industry but Ilike the idea that Wolf has with the riffle section dropped down, kinda like adrop riffle bed. Just wondering if anyone that has one could give someinfo.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bought one a few years ago, i like the fact that it can be used in fast water or slow water by flipping the riffles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread