Easy Gold

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
:tongue3:
Sunday sluice trip made it out to a small creek while everyone else was at the mining summit in Placerville. Worked a couple buckets in one spot and wasent impressed with the results, so I moved down stream a bit to a spot with more bedrock. Did some testing and found a better patch of gravels on bedrock. While hard at work Dagreat showed up what a pleasant surprise, I talked with him earlier and thought he wasent gonna make it, so I headed out. Dagreat was driving down the road and spotted my car and came down for some prospecting with his metal detector. It was nice to have some company, plus my last sluice pan was so nice I dident finish it and left it in the pan so Dagreat got to see what I was finding. Pictures show secret spot and a few classified 5 gallon bucket clean outs. :laughing7:

Attachments

• DSC04064.JPG
    DSC04064.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC04066.JPG
    DSC04066.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC04067.JPG
    DSC04067.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC04070.JPG
    DSC04070.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC04068.JPG
    DSC04068.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 149

getgoldct

Mar 5, 2012
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you like you Angus Mackirk sluise? I have a Omega highbanker and love it, Great for small stuff.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Getgold, I love this little sluice it holds the 100 mesh gold plus smaller. I had a nice picker a while back bordering nugget, the sluice was flowing fast in the north fork of the yuba and the pc stayed in the flair right where I dropped it in. I like to sample with this sluice because to clean it out u put it in a bucket and wash about 2.5 gallons of water through and done, put it in the creek, no expanded metal or carpet, makes it light and easy to carry in. The sluice also is very efficient it dosent leave me with a lot of material to process, makes for a quick pan so u can see what your getting.

getgoldct

Mar 5, 2012
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live CT and all of our gold is very small. I started with one of Angus's sluice and had good luck with it, but I had to move a lot of gravel to get a little gold. So I got his omega highbanker, I also got the 2.5" drege to go with it. Now i just need time to get out! The clean up is the best part it is so fast, I have tub I put the cons in and then back to work.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a nice spot I washed 3/4 of an ounce right in the same area within yards actually Gravelwashwer I have to work all week, I want to go saturday though. I will send you a text tomorrow. Nice gold its crazy how many people Drive right by.........................................8-)

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Love this little spot hit a nice little pay streak and its close to home. Pvillehunter I am not sure about Saturday but will try an shoot for it but the wife may have other ideas that sound more appealing to her. I am going to run the blue bowl today and see what slipped by while I panned out the biggest stuff creekside. Should be quite a bit of fines as I saw it rolling by with the black sand, when you start seeing a bunch of fines it fires me up to keep picking away at the gravels. I fast pan the sluice run to see whether I am still on the gold and save the cons for the blue bowl. I hope Caminochaos can make it out Saturday would be great time to get us all together.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
pics of 2 days sluicing

:goldpan:
I sluiced here for two days and took some pics, hope you like them. :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• lemon.JPG
    lemon.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 150
  • lemon close.JPG
    lemon close.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 2day.JPG
    2day.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 149
  • lemon seed.JPG
    lemon seed.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 154
  • mach.JPG
    mach.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 177

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice.....if its shady ther you made my mind up about Satuday8-)

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Pville,
Ya you know its shady with just the right touch of sunshine poking through the green trees to see the au shinning at ya!! Wont bother me one bit to head back and scrape that bedrock some more. I left at least a 20 foot section of the gravels on the bedrock untouched, just couldent scrape it all up quick enough..lol

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Two days worth of black sand thru the blue bowl

:goldpan:
Here it is this is the black sands processed through my blue bowl from the two days of sluicing, not completely seperated yet but wanted to give you a pic. of all the au before I start sucking it up the snuffer bottle.
Off to try another new spot, going to take the lake kayaks out for a little trip with my wife who loves to kayak, so I will try an sneak a few pans in here and there around the inlet, just to check, satisfies the fever a little..lol:tongue3:

Attachments

• two.JPG
    two.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 155
  • full.JPG
    full.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 139
  • half bowl.JPG
    half bowl.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 171
  • close.JPG
    close.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 151
  • brighter.JPG
    brighter.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 155

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job GW. Looks like you used a 1/2" classifier. About how many classified 5 gallon buckets did you process? thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread