Angus classifier

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
I thought id share this with you all. Move twice the material and dont kill your back in the process.

ForumRunner_20120516_123450.png

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats what i have been doing with my keene .....it works great no classifying into a bucket.....move lots of material....Camino knows how much i hate bucket classifying.The nice thing about the Keene is that theres room to dump material before it hits the classifier. I bought an aluminium flare for my plastic drop riffle, so i can do the same thing.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caminochaos, I have an Angus Recon which is much smaller and have thought about putting a classifier on it similar to what you have done. Have you had it working yet and if so did you find any issue with it not holding the material long enough to clear or wash everything before it rolls off. What did you use for the classifier itself and what size is it. looks to be about 1/2". What model sluice is it the Boss or the Foreman? Like the concept gonna have to see what I can come up with.

Last edited:

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Camino,
Looks great, these drop riffles work great for shoveling right in with a bbq grate on top or fridge tray, I have been messing with it too, I hate doing the bucket shake.

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Its a bbq grill 3/8". It works great. The slope allows the rocks to get cleaned off and the roots i just do a cheese grater rub on it.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter how much clay do you deal with? fill your bucket half full with material, add water and slurry mix your material,pick out the larger cobbles then add to your sluice it works great. I recover very very very fine gold.The more material you dig and move the more gold you will get,the more you have to classify the less gold bearing dirt you dig so I have found that there is a miidle ground. If your digging the same spot a lot try this.One day instead of digging bank run material or from in the creek behind a rock or log or whatever, dig your tailings unless its flooded they will be there if they are there so is any of the gold you didnt recover.......if there is more there than you have recoverd in your sluice from your previous runs you will know you were losing a lot of gold..........I'm betting you will never dig your tailings again.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deal with some clay and crumbling shale, thats where I find the good stuff. But your right a good day I usually spend about 4 to 5 hours and I'm lucky to run 15 gal of material. Digging ,classifying, runnin it thru the sluice and panning it out right there. Gotta change things up. As long as I'm on the spot, I need to run material and pan at home. It's just sometimes ya gotta see that yeller stuff, Like a drugy gettin his fix.

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
With this classifier i can easily do 50+ gallons in that time. Its pretty awesome. Bonus: my back doesent hurt afterwards.

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Totally had this in the closet and saw this post, and click! it all fell into place. Thanks guys, I ll post again after my trial run.
Kris
I think it was a file holder for a desk top.

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Work in progress...still have to field-test

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120705_155347.png
    ForumRunner_20120705_155347.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 232

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another angle...thanks russ for the thoughts!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120705_155610.png
    ForumRunner_20120705_155610.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 226

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So it didn't work nearly as well as I had hoped, but it was still faster than not classifying at all. I see why you need all vertical slats, as the horizontal ones kept hanging up the rocks. Gonna switch to bbq grill...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120710_092721.png
    ForumRunner_20120710_092721.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 221
  • ForumRunner_20120710_092818.png
    ForumRunner_20120710_092818.png
    165 KB · Views: 211

victorysgold

Feb 24, 2008
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 3.2, Garrett Propointer II,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that your not supposed to bump or jar a smooth surface type sluice box while adding cons or you risk loosing your gold? I like this set up though and want to try it with my AM.
Vic

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL.... I hate when we get what we think is a good idea and someone tells us something is wrong with it... then we test it just like a kid testing to see if the fire will REALLY burn ya...and it does.....dang it they were right after all, back to the drawing board .... and now i have to tell em so!!! :BangHead: :BangHead:.... but hay its the fun and the new "EXPERIENCES" that counts...right?? LOL
God Bless
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vic, if u are talking about adding the material in ur sluice box while its in the stream, its not really going to matter how smooth u add it if ur set up right, you just don't want a lot of HARD jars to the box to mess up the way its sitting. I tap on my box as some vibration is good to help move the lighter materiel that is hanging up in the box.
Hey I'm in greenville NC let me know if u want to do some prospecting some time... my name is Ray
God Bless
OKIE

victorysgold

Feb 24, 2008
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 3.2, Garrett Propointer II,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm gonna give this idea a whirl then, I could move alot more material if I could skip the bucket shake step. I'm thinking about building a stand that holds my classifier over the top flare of the box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread