Help with new clean up sluice

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just put this together but having a little issue. It's 24" x 6" x 3". The issue I'm having is how to attach the spray bar. I'm thinking of getting a pair of Tinsnips and cutting down about 2" on the sides about an inch from the mouth, bending them out and putting the spray bar there using zip ties. The water flow seems to be a little fast also. I've got my 800-900 gph pump but it seems to be to much. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Water flow
042.jpg

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have a valve to meter the water before it gets to the spray bar? I have a similar finish sluice, the spray bar has a t installed, a whole drilled through the end and the hose bib sticks out the end, a small piece of sheet aluminum is formed and is pop riveted to the sluice. I also had purchased a new valve, to replace one that was leaking, and of course, it is no longer leaking. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 5-25-12a 001.JPG
    5-25-12a 001.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 5-25-12a 002.JPG
    5-25-12a 002.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 5-25-12a 003.JPG
    5-25-12a 003.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
OP
OP
F

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep :) I've got a valve. Just wondering if it will mess up my pump. I'm not sure how much pressure will build up if I've got the valve only half open.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
im assuming that your cleaning up the really fine gold. and id go with a lower(250/500?) GPH pump!the valve is a good idea but itll also increase the spray pressure at the sluice and thatll cause problems with the fine gold.for finer gold i like just enough water to slowly wash off the BS across the black ribbed rubber mat like you have.all my cons are screend and each screening is run seperatly.feed your wet cons slowly and just a little material to prevent overloading,and add a little Jet Dry and Clay Gone to your recycled water.your setup will work fine but you need to slow stuff down and itll get it all without spending a ton of cash!

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input russau. I'm looking at a few different pumps now. Maybe I can turn my stream sluice into a small high banker and use the 1k pump for that :)

OP
OP
F

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gramps :) That might be just right for the miller table. I figure if there is any gold in this part of Texas it will be so small the only way to get it out will be the Miller Table LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread