6/03/12 THE BAZOOKA GOLD TRAP DOES IT AGAIN!

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea looked to be running quite well for a slow flow situation. Wow from 55 down to single sounds dramatic! Yesterday was partly cloudy topped out close to 70 and today is cloudy and will be lucky to warm up past 45! The weather is know to change from one climate to another real quick around here tho. But fine by me I function better in the cold then extreme heat.
Definitely looked like some serous sand in your pan any other riffle sluice would probably be quick to load up with it. I found one spot with black sand galore and some other places around here with not so much.
Wow sweet take for only a couple hours at a casual pace looks pretty colorful, I would be happy with that! Well don't need me to tell you but keep it up! Oh yea and any chance this Kevin vs Tweeta bazooka sluice off can be video documented for your fellow tnet members viewing pleasure? Lol

Last edited:

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video! Thanks for sharing it with us, man that's some nice looking gold. Sounds like it was a great day.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just took the BGT plunge....Just ordered the mini /prospector 30' combo!!!! My gold and sand hand dredge just got delivered today as well. I also took my new Cabelas chest waders out last weekend. They worked great and were very comfortable. About 450 all together for the hand dredge, BGT combo and chest waders ...yikes! But I think it will be well worth it in the long run!....Oh not to mention the 22 bucks I spent on a new shovel...LOL. OMG this hobby is draining my bank account quick! Hopefully I can get some prospecting time before it gets too darn cold!

getsomegold!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Btw, just got the gold cleaned, dried and weighed. 0.11 grams/1.8 grains Pretty good for a long lunch hour in town.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out again today...brrr! 40 degrees, sun falling toward the horizon so not warming me and lots of ice on the creek (!). Ran the bgt Prospector for about 40 minutes, that was enough for fingers and toes to be pretty numb! I expanded a hole I have been working so I'm pretty sure there'll be decent gold.

Update: forgot to take pics of the gold, sorry. Was about 1 grain including one flake big enough to save in my "trophy case". Was moving fast because I went out again yesterday to continue working on that same hole. I'm eager to get into finish processing that new material so I how I'm doing in the part of the hole :-)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread