6/03/12 THE BAZOOKA GOLD TRAP DOES IT AGAIN!

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
no problem, im going to try and get out for a few hours on monday before work and try them out,man a super miner it would be huge, you might have to get a front loader for it lol..

OP
OP
G

gnatnutz

Greenie
Mar 22, 2012
concrete/ skagit valley/ wa. state
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hi guy's, gnatnutz back on line;
Been working 6 days a week so I only have a day to get out with the bazooka prospector. Still working the small creek that I lived next to for years and never new about the gold there until a friend informed me of the gold there. Lots of bedrock in the canyon area. Been using some rods to locate hot pockets and all seems to be going well. The bazooka is performing well although most of the gold is small flake and micro. Had a strange happening last time out, I had set the bazooka up in a tailout of a fairly long run and went downstream to check some different pockets and classified the old fashion method with a bucket and screen. Brought the cons back to the sluice only to find that a 10" trout had taken up residence inside the water shoot tunnel. It took a while for us to get used to each other and he or she wasn't happy about losing its new found lair when I left for the day. Still, I found plenty of flake and micros.

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the specs. Sounds like a good selection they have now. Wonder if a Super Miner is in the works?

If there was, it would probably take more than 2 guys to operate it. LOL

I don't quite see the reason behind a Super Prospector. Why not just move up to the MINER?

And that's the last time I don't open boxes either! LOL

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i do thank you charlotte49er, as for the super prospector i like it becouse it has the long slick run of the miner but fits in a bucket and is a little easyer to carry in.

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the only place to buy is from the manufacturer? I haven't seem Bazookas on other store site...

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I am thinking of another sluice for next year, I have a 36x6 with Miracle Mat currently.

In reading all the posts I hear you need a fast flow to use the Bazooka, here is a video of my using the 36x6 on the Wild Ammonoosuc, since I am new to this I don't know what is fast or slow, is this river in the video fast enough for the bazooka?

Oakstrails

May 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Just Me
For the time being
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
gnatnutz said:
hi guy's, gnatnutz back on line;
Been working 6 days a week so I only have a day to get out with the bazooka prospector. Still working the small creek that I lived next to for years and never new about the gold there until a friend informed me of the gold there. Lots of bedrock in the canyon area. Been using some rods to locate hot pockets and all seems to be going well. The bazooka is performing well although most of the gold is small flake and micro. Had a strange happening last time out, I had set the bazooka up in a tailout of a fairly long run and went downstream to check some different pockets and classified the old fashion method with a bucket and screen. Brought the cons back to the sluice only to find that a 10" trout had taken up residence inside the water shoot tunnel. It took a while for us to get used to each other and he or she wasn't happy about losing its new found lair when I left for the day. Still, I found plenty of flake and micros.

That's one of the better fish stories I've heard. LOL

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just bought an 'almost new' Bazooka Prospector which naturally came with no instructions. Can anyone help with instructions and operating tips?

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hay kevin just run it like you would any other sluice adjust to water speed and angle to get good material movement. my advice is play with it for a few before you start running your good material. good luck happy hunting

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you set it up, make sure that there's only a slight angle. You want material to flow through it in a med-fast current. If you tip it too far forward, material in the trap will dump out. In fact, that's how you clean it out, pick up the sluice straight up out of the water, and drop the nose into a five gallon bucket. Then start pouring water through it until the trap is clear. You can feed the Prospector for hours, so just shovel away.

I just bought an 'almost new' Bazooka Prospector which naturally came with no instructions. Can anyone help with instructions and operating tips?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good stuff, thanks guys! I am excited to try it out one of these days right after Thanksgiving...any other tips?

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
im thinking of getting a gold n sand hand dredge and clipping to the sluice.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You want the water level to be about half way or just a little more than half way up the sides, make sure the V waterline is right down the middle, that way you know its level.

Like nugget said, you only need a slight angle.

Place something long and heavy over it so that it stays in place just like you would any other sluice.

And....

Shovel Shovel Shovel Shovel Shovel Shovel!!!! :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a plan... Shovel shovel shovel! Thanks guys!

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They work great, but if you decide to get one get the X-Stream model. You can submerge it totally underwater and pump gravel.

im thinking of getting a gold n sand hand dredge and clipping to the sluice.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Funny you would mention that, I just got the Gold-n-sand Xstream to go with my Bazooka. I've used the original model quite a bit (a friend has one) so I know their stuff works much better than what you can build yourself (they designed their own plunger seal and got a patent for it). between the Bazooka and the Xstream I feel like I now have the very best (non-powered)gear for me :-) Time to get to diggin'!!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you would mention that, I just got the Gold-n-sand Xstream to go with my Bazooka. I've used the original model quite a bit (a friend has one) so I know their stuff works much better than what you can build yourself (they designed their own plunger seal and got a patent for it). between the Bazooka and the Xstream I feel like I now have the very best (non-powered)gear for me :-) Time to get to diggin'!!

Their plunger seal is very good but doubtful it's patented, since leather cups have been used as plunger seals since the 1800's (probably even before then)
I got the idea for mine from an old bicycle pump. Also my old pump pellet rifle used them as well as the pump in old Coleman lanterns etc.

http://vintagenosbicycleparts.com/s...lex-oak-tanned-cup-leather-pump-seal-nos.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-COLEMAN-LANTERN-STOVE-PUMP-CUP-LEATHER-WASHER-/280628603850

seal.jpg

Leather works great because it offers a perfect seal while providing much less friction than rubber. A rubber seal will wear your arm out quickly.

GG~

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Success :)

first bazooka gold 11-23-12 web.jpg First gold from Bazooka (just under 2 hours on the creek)
Thanks for all the advice everyone, it ran really well for a first time! :)
Way, way more productive than classifying for a usual sluice.
The big flakes right under the dime are pretty 3D so they make a nice sound landing in the pan...the four bits at the very bottom are lead pellets...pretty typical for this area. I also found an old shotgun shell.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread