6/03/12 THE BAZOOKA GOLD TRAP DOES IT AGAIN! - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: 6/03/12 THE BAZOOKA GOLD TRAP DOES IT AGAIN!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    Tesoro LST, Tejon, Whites GMT, Makro Gold Kruzer, Falcon MD20, Fisher F-Pulse, Garrett Pro Pointer AT.
    328 times
    Prospecting
    When you set it up, make sure that there's only a slight angle. You want material to flow through it in a med-fast current. If you tip it too far forward, material in the trap will dump out. In fact, that's how you clean it out, pick up the sluice straight up out of the water, and drop the nose into a five gallon bucket. Then start pouring water through it until the trap is clear. You can feed the Prospector for hours, so just shovel away.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    I just bought an 'almost new' Bazooka Prospector which naturally came with no instructions. Can anyone help with instructions and operating tips?
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10545 times
    Prospecting
    Good stuff, thanks guys! I am excited to try it out one of these days right after Thanksgiving...any other tips?

us
    Sep 2012
    Fruitland,ID
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
    85 times
    Prospecting
    im thinking of getting a gold n sand hand dredge and clipping to the sluice.

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    You want the water level to be about half way or just a little more than half way up the sides, make sure the V waterline is right down the middle, that way you know its level.

Like nugget said, you only need a slight angle.

Place something long and heavy over it so that it stays in place just like you would any other sluice.

And....

Shovel Shovel Shovel Shovel Shovel Shovel!!!!
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10545 times
    Prospecting
    Sounds like a plan... Shovel shovel shovel! Thanks guys!

us

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    Tesoro LST, Tejon, Whites GMT, Makro Gold Kruzer, Falcon MD20, Fisher F-Pulse, Garrett Pro Pointer AT.
    328 times
    Prospecting
    They work great, but if you decide to get one get the X-Stream model. You can submerge it totally underwater and pump gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by blynch35 View Post
    im thinking of getting a gold n sand hand dredge and clipping to the sluice.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10545 times
    Prospecting
    Funny you would mention that, I just got the Gold-n-sand Xstream to go with my Bazooka. I've used the original model quite a bit (a friend has one) so I know their stuff works much better than what you can build yourself (they designed their own plunger seal and got a patent for it). between the Bazooka and the Xstream I feel like I now have the very best (non-powered)gear for me :-) Time to get to diggin'!!
    mytimetoshine likes this.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4125 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Funny you would mention that, I just got the Gold-n-sand Xstream to go with my Bazooka. I've used the original model quite a bit (a friend has one) so I know their stuff works much better than what you can build yourself (they designed their own plunger seal and got a patent for it). between the Bazooka and the Xstream I feel like I now have the very best (non-powered)gear for me :-) Time to get to diggin'!!
    Their plunger seal is very good but doubtful it's patented, since leather cups have been used as plunger seals since the 1800's (probably even before then)
    I got the idea for mine from an old bicycle pump. Also my old pump pellet rifle used them as well as the pump in old Coleman lanterns etc.

http://vintagenosbicycleparts.com/sh...-seal-nos.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-COLEMAN-LA...-/280628603850

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seal.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	704432

Leather works great because it offers a perfect seal while providing much less friction than rubber. A rubber seal will wear your arm out quickly.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Nov 24, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
    Aufisher likes this.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10545 times
    Prospecting
    Here is the link to the purpose made leather pieces that Red Wilcox himself said he designed and patented.
    Either way, I think we can agree leather is better... http://www.gold-n-sand.com/parts-and...nce/4540110127
    Goodyguy likes this.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10545 times
    Prospecting

Cool Success :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first bazooka gold 11-23-12 web.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	706988First gold from Bazooka (just under 2 hours on the creek)
    Thanks for all the advice everyone, it ran really well for a first time!
    Way, way more productive than classifying for a usual sluice.
    The big flakes right under the dime are pretty 3D so they make a nice sound landing in the pan...the four bits at the very bottom are lead pellets...pretty typical for this area. I also found an old shotgun shell.
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; Nov 30, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
    Oakview2 and Prospector70 like this.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4125 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Here is the link to the purpose made leather pieces that Red Wilcox himself said he designed and patented.
    Either way, I think we can agree leather is better... Gold Prospectors Parts by Gold-N-Sand
    Leather is definately better!

I've seen his leather cups, just didn't see any patent for them
    There are plenty like them on the market, wonder what makes his different?

Oh well, if Red says he has a patent on them, then he must.

GG~

us
    Sep 2012
    Fruitland,ID
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
    85 times
    Prospecting
    ya that xstream was the one i was looking, at does any one have one how much better if any is it from the standard model?

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10545 times
    Prospecting
    I have it. The key thing is that it can work at any angle and even totally under water. With the original you have to keep the output line pointed to your left for the output valve to work right...and keep the pump top/handle above water or it is hard to pump. The X-stream you could take scuba diving...hmm interesting idea now that power dredging in Cali is illegal - this would work great as an extreme sniping tool with the operator on a hooka line!!
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; Nov 30, 2012 at 08:35 AM.

us
    Sep 2012
    Fruitland,ID
    85 times
    Prospecting
    thanks kevin so there is only one way to go the xstream.

us

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    328 times
    Prospecting
    I've used my X-Stream the whole summer and it works great.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links