6/03/12 THE BAZOOKA GOLD TRAP DOES IT AGAIN!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ya im still looking out for my first big flake or nugget i have maybe thre or four little pickers but with it being so fine aleast i know theres not much if any getting past me.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got out for an hour or so at dusk on Monday with my BGT to get some exercise. Found decent gold, some lead and sweated out the stress :) ...here is the result:
Dec 3 2012 gold.JPG ...0.17 grams - way better than a normal sluice with classification.

Last edited:

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well i got my x-stream the other day and got a chance to go out for about three hours again. First there is a little learning curve to that pump i think ive got it down pretty good now it took awhile to get used to. I was able to run 5 buckets from the pump and regular bucket and here are my results i think when i get a full day off im going to go up into the canyon in search of bigger gold.

DSCN1396.JPG

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You find out pretty quick that you have to soak the leather end of the plunger in the water for a while.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ya that was one thing i did read in the instructions from red. i think im going to replace the hose that came with it with some clear smooth hose and maybe a little longer.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here are some pictures from the other day.
bazooka at work.jpg
the hole.jpg
river12-7-12.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Careful on that longer hose idea...it takes more muscle to push a longer hose worth of water along into your bucket. If you find a smooth hose you like, I would love to hear about it myself...and Red might too!

Great to see you got out recently, did you get some gold? Get snowed on?

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hay kevin

ya i wasnt sure about that with the added length but i did figure it might move a little more water and sand since less friction in the hose. im out in sunny southern ca ive only seen snow here twice in my life time lol i have to go and get it if the kids want to play. the picture with the penny is the results from that day.if it doesnt rain here ill be going out tomorrow.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah, right... Bakersfield...lucky you! I have definitely been snowed on while prospecting here in CO! I do think you're right that a smooth hose could be a bit longer without giving too much resistance. Hope you find something good :-)

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well i went to home depot today and looked at there selection of hose's and i quickly found out thats going to be harder to find a smooth hose than i thought. one problem is the flex in the hose the ridge's let it bend in tight place's and the smooth hose i found is way to bulky it would have to be a straight shot and thats not going to work. i was thinking that maybe that roll flat discharge hose might work maybe someone on here has had some experiance with it if i get a chance im going to go to the hose supply and talk to some pro's. ill update that later. i was able to get out for about two hours today ran five buckets out of that hole from above and found some good gold i was planning on going back out in the morining but it's already been raining for about five hours and light rain is on the report for tomorrow.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lay flat sounds like a really good idea:-)

Glad to hear you got out for a while...I will get to go out tomorrow after work for an hour or two...chilly but fun I think!

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i got out for a couple hours today before the rain hit again ands its chilly here too i think were getting snow up on the hills around us.I think the lay flat is the way to go i havent ran my cons in the blue bowl yet but i dont think it was that good today but ill post a picture later. good luck and stay warm.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out this source for silicone semi-flat hoses made to custom order:

SUNRISE SILICONE

And if you really had to have it perfectly round all the time, a narrow width spiral metal tape wrapped around the outside would probably do the trick, though this company has a wire reinforced silicone hose that will not collapse, even under vacuum. I am sure that variant is heavier, but in general, silicone hoses are lighter and more durable than just about any other kind of hose.

Last edited:

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i looked at that silicone hose i think you would run into the same flexability problem its just to rigid. i see why red use's the bilge hose light and has good flex but there has to be another smooth hose out there so far the roll flat has the lead when i get time to run to the hose supply ill show them the pump and see if they have any suggestions.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just sent them an email asking for a sample of their 50mm lay flat hose...will share what I learn!

Last edited:

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
now i see what your looking at i didn't click on the lay flat, that does look like it would work since it looks as if it never completely collapses on it self.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok i went to a local hose supply house today i even took the pump and bucket with me i think we looked at two dozen hoses and i didnt find a thing that would work they have the silicone but not the lay flat and its 54.90 a foot there proud of it. i did talk to them about the regular lay flat and thay said it would be a problem due to the low spots would plug up with all the sand and gravel i can see that happening real bad if the lay flate silicone doesnt work i think its back to the old hose for sure, oh red must have really thought about this lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread