what is the best sluice box for finding gold fast and easy???

robbenmessi1010

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome robben,
Everyone has their opinion as to what is best. Really depends on the size of gold you expect to find. I use a Keene A52 and do quite well with it. I get from small nuggets all the way to micro gold with it where I mine. Some like others. Read the thread in the gold prospecting section of the forum. there is a thread with the same question.

Good luck!

B H Prospector

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make a sluice that you can shovel material into without classifying ...i think it catches up to 1/4 inch nuggets and fines...i don't rember the name of it but im sure you can come across it with a little searching

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dusty, are you refering to the River Runner 2 sluice??
Top Runner 2?
TR4-300x225.jpg

Calsluice 2b:

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
062+1.jpg I've got the Orginal Top Runner Sluice, and that sucker is the most productive sluice I've ever seen.

Last edited:

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
061+1.jpg The Top Runner 2 is only about $115, a good sluice for the price. The Orginal Top Runner is twice the price but is bigger, and doesn't require a clean out as often as the Top Runner 2.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread