Show your best find or most interesting fnds, from novice to accomplished miner

T

Tuolumne

More nugs from tuolumne

image.jpg image.jpg

Well I can start to leak out some stories about me pieces instead of just nug shots lol! This hear specimen is unique for sure. You see this was mined in a special way in a area around Jimtown on one of the most famous waterways in all the mother load. Well I'll tell ya, good prospectors are like old time mushroom hunters, guarding their spots but always willing to share info and locations with seasoned hunters...you know the location, you've followed it's flow on google maps till it ran dry, this is no secret spot but yet everyone has their own secret spots along its banks. Flood gold to crystal specimens, it was worked hard in the days, yet still has excellent opportunity for treasure. This here piece of quartz has a green crystal inclusion of mariposite, easily seen next to another specimen from the same creek. In between Columbia, Sonora and Jimtown lies the golden miles of Woods creek. I've sniped, high banked, bazookad ( new verb for Webster) and this gold was not found that way. My son found this by smashing quartz he found while I was breaking my back with a shovel! As far as getting your full case of gold fever going, nothing starts the epidemic faster than prospecting on a famous creek during last years December. 500 year drought amazes the miner. Fatefull El Niño coming, bringing rain on snow events, placer gushing down in flood to settle once again, renewing the woods creek secret stops I know.......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread