Should i mod my A-52 or just but a bazooka sluice?

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hay guys

I thought i would pick your brains today, this is my first post but anyways. I have a keene A-52 right now and im finding gold with it, i was thinking about adding a top runner to it so i dont have to classifie anymore im in the kern river lots of water flow or should i just buy the bazooka sluice. I have a bad back from my army days and im sick of classifing just like everyone else. Oh ya most of my gold is fine to about 30 mesh im still new to this but im hooked las year was my first i went out maybe six times and only once this year working alot while i can but im planing on getting alot more in this year and now my kids are hooked too they are 5,6 they call it gold rushing lol because of the show i think but anyways i would love to here from you guys with all you wisdom. im still trying to learn the laws also im in bakersfield,ca i have been only been at a local park but plan on going to the canyon soon tired of everybody wanting to ask me thirty questions. i currently only sluice and im thinking of gravity dredgeing since everything else seams to be banned.

thanks guys.
IMG-20120213-00005.jpg IMG-20120213-00006.jpg IMG-20120216-00013.jpg IMG-20120213-00003.jpg

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another question

in the first picture most of those rocks have been moved by some one there is now what looks to be a dam going just past my sluice and its about two to three feet high they have built several of these in the area why are they doing that?

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok i found this today online at home depot. its steel peg board and come with 1/4 hole's i see there all in a row so ill have to drill alot of new hole top make it random but i think this will work with a little slick plate in the flare and this all the way down the sluice. i think this will make a nice top runner what do you think?

Galvanized Steel Metal Pegboard Pack-30P3232GV at The Home Depot

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya Blynch35, welcome to the forums.

I picked up a Bazooka Gold Trap a few weeks ago (The Miners version) and it worked well for me.
I didnt have enough angle so I ended up with a lot more but still produced a good amount of gold for a single bucket.

I lent the Bazooka to Chip at the Miners Cache here in Redding for one of his guys to try out.
They are running a traditional sluice behind it to see if it is catching everything.
I should know the results by next week if you want to hold off on buying one. :)

I beleive they took this to their dredge site in Oregon too to see how well it copes with tons of material being that the Miner is meant to do that.

Here is the video showing how much I had left over from that single bucket and the micro gold I caught with it.

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hay neo

thanks for the heads up i need to sell a few things to get the money anyways. but im looking forward to the info it looks awsome. and yes jet dry work like a charm i built a small wash plant using a blue bowl and i just add a small squirt to the water and evrything sinks not even the super fines. that is nice color you got there for just one bucket i have to move about 10 to get that much but i dont have bed rock were im at just small gravel beds here and there. im headed out tomarrow ill take some pictures of my findings. thanks for the info

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anytime. :)
I dont know if he will let me post a pic of what they find but I will for sure let you know what it did or did not lose.
I hope that it only lost the 1/2"+ nuggets to his sluice because that is the spacing on the classifier.

The gold I did find was a little bitter sweet though, my wife got really mad at me leaving me at dusk to walk my happy arse out of the area.
I packed my 5gal tray full of wet cons, all of my tools, my swim gear, my bazooka and my shovel about 1/2 mile in the dark before she came back for me.
I had no way of binding it all together so I was a jumbled mess for that 1/2 mile, I am sure I could have walked 2 miles if I was able to bind it all together on my back.
*Mental Note, add rope to tool kit." lol

My wife is a hothead though and gets mad at the drop of a pin, I just sluffed my little hike off and didnt make an argument out of it.
She was mad because our two youngest girls were acting up and she couldnt pan anymore and I failed to notice this while I was digging out the crack.

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oh man that does make for a harry situation lol my wife wont even go. i did take my 6 year old boy with me today man my back it killing me i was thinking i just go the cheap way and make a top runner for my a-52 but man im sick of classifing and the clean out isnt fun either when your all burnt out so i think i will buy the bazooka. im looking forward still to the results of there trip. did you find that the minor was the way to go or would the prospector be ok. i couldnt get a picture to come out but i did find about half a gram today i ran into my first prospector today at my hole he was cool but loved to talk all day so i was only able to run 4, 2 gallon buckets.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I packed my 5gal tray full of wet cons, all of my tools, my swim gear, my bazooka and my shovel about 1/2 mile in the dark before she came back for me.
I passed on a new looking one of these for $25 today,..

burley-trailer.jpg

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
I suggest taking the riffle tray out of a Keene A-52. Run miners moss over carpet or V-rib mat. On top of the miners moss, run 1/2" raised expanded. For the upper half of the sluice length, run 1/4" staggered punch plate over the expanded. You will find this great for fine gold and any larger nuggets will hang in the punch plate holes.

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hay guys

last year i traded a like new toro lawn mower for a almost new trek two seater like the one you pictured i really like it if i have a long way to go i can even put my kids in with my gear ther rearly both go. for 25 dallors man thats a steal.

hay placer im glad you brought that up i was wondering what to do with the riffle's. i ran into another guy out here the other day he had a job highbanker with the dredge set up he wasnt using it out of fear. but i did get a chance to check out the set up im kind of thinking of making it a high banker attached to a hand truck and using a gravity dredge to run it. i think this might be a winter prodject. but i think im still looking at getting a bazooka

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that's funny goldchaser :laughing7: i use a heavy duty folding luggage carrier and a rubbermade containter work great for me when i go tot the river i put my shovel and sluice in it tie it with a bungie cord and off i go.

DSCN0959.JPG

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok i ordered my miners bazzoka today i hope to get it next week they were going to Expedite the shipping they said 2-3 days so with any luck ill get it on my days off and take it out. thank you everybody for all the suggestions in the end i think no classifing and the easy clean ups are what sold it to me ill update with pictures when i get it and how it works for me. by the way i ordered it on ebay from out of state so i didnt have to pay sales tax lol

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats, it is a good sluice from the limited time that I got to use it.
I checked in on Wed to see if they had the results back yet but he hasnt heard anything yet.

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
cool im really looking forward to getting, i just join the kern county prospectores club the other day too there going to keyesville near lake isabella. The only problem is i work night in the oil fields i run a plant for chevron i work 6-6 and they are meeting at 7:45am to leave so no sleep for 48hrs hmmm i got to think about that one but its the only outing that i know of for this month. thank you neo for you help

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Holy Hell I would be going to sleep if I were you but if you think you have enough in ya and a strong supply of energy drinks then you could give it a shot. :)

No prob about the Bazooka, I wish I had the results for ya but I will PM you when I do get them.

If you go out, best of luck and I hope that you find a nugget. :)

OP
OP
blynch35

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oh man i had a close one. ebay had a glitch in the system tonight i ended up buying two of them holy cow i got luck the the guy selling them also was online and had the same problem so he refunded my money man thats crazy at $327 each.
sounds good about letting me know how things went im hoping to get out maybe wednesday or thursday or maybe both just depends when it gets here i get 4-5 days off in a row so plenty of time to prospect. ive never heard of anything larger than 30 mesh being found were i go but that guy i ran into had just found a chunky flake/nugget the size of my pinkie finger nail it was a nice surprise to see my area is loaded with flood gold. so ya if i decied to got with the club ill be up from noon today tell 7:30 am sunday. man thats a long streatch but i really want to go keyesville is loaded. and still a chance for a good nugget since its close to the mother lode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread