Has anyone tried a sluice box made by Colorado Gold Sticks

weaselguys

Aug 27, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone tried any of their sluice boxes ? I am looking at their Super Catch Backpacker folding sluice, they seem to add a lot of extra things to their boxes to try and catch the gold.They say they are built to catch fine colorado gold.Here is the one I'm looking at.It is 8"x44"

Attachments

• super catch backpacker8 inch .jpg
    super catch backpacker8 inch .jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,008

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Never heard of them but that box has a lot of bells and whistles in 44". Best of luck

dannylvn2009

May 15, 2013
Bought one a month ago, took it up to East Fork of San Gabriel river. Set up in an area just below parking lot. Adjusted drop to 1" for foot of length. So mine is 63" long and used about 5" drop. Worked ok saw some gold in box. Afterwards emailed Ted at Colorado Gold Sticks, and asked how to set up the right way. He emailed back to just skim off about 3/4-1" of water and maintain that through box. Water should not be clear, but turbulent. Will try that on next outing and report back in a post. But even though set up was "wrong" I managed to catch some gold. So it does work!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Weird thing is that I've never seen nor heard of one in use here in Colorado.

dannylvn2009

May 15, 2013
They are made in Canon City, Colorado. I bought mine from eBay. Will custom make to your specifications.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine purchased one, from Ebay.
He discovered...it's OK, But it is not a Bazooka!

crazywolfminingco

Dec 29, 2013
pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greendale.jpg heres my colorado gold sluice on the left,its the prototype of this desghn ,the only other sluice i would buy would be a thompson creek, but this one caught some nice little gold here in pa, i recomend his stuff for sure

Bubba1981

Dec 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a 6" sluice about 3 years ago and have caught a lot of gold with it. I really like it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread