Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Under flow sluice ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Gold Bug Pro
    149 times
    Prospecting
    I dont think you can go wrong with the Bazooka in that case.
    Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1672 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel73153 View Post
    GG, do you use any of the plastic Drop Riffle sluices? If so, what's your view on them as fine flour gold getters?
    I've heard they work on flour gold and I've also heard they don't
    The only one I have tried is one that I made myself and it was way too wide (14") for the water flow that was available the day I tested it out.

I have made another narrower version (10") but I haven't had the chance to test it out yet. I'm sure they will catch fine and flour gold if the water speed is right and if they're fed properly classified material.

The thing is.... I'm so happy with the way my fluid bed sluice catches the flour gold and doesn't require any classifying that I rarely use anything else as a stream sluice.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Sep 24, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Aug 2010
    Roseburg,Oregon
    Tesoro Lobo ST Garrett Pro Pointer
    32 times
    Thanks for the input. I am seriously thinking more about one of the Bazooka Gold Traps. That is unless you are going to start making and selling yours?

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1672 times
    Thanks for the input. I am seriously thinking more about one of the Bazooka Gold Traps. That is unless you are going to start making and selling yours?
    Thanks but I'm retired and don't want another job besides wondering where my next prospecting spot will be
    You are welcome to copy mine. My Diy Fluid Bed Gold Trap Sluice

PM me for the latest improvements and if you have any questions.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Sep 24, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~

us
    Apr 2009
    Murrieta Ca
    Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
    11 times
    Most of the gold I find is sitting directly below my punch plate. I actually made the punch by drilling all the holes. A pre made piece would sure be faster. What is nice about this design is when you have your water flow correct there is no classifying below potato sized rocks. I even found a nugget, and it was caught in the first riffle after the punch plate ends. If you would prefer to buy one look up the Calsluice. My home made box:My fine gold sluice Calsluice: . One cool tid bit showed for a split second on the calsluice vid is a sluice viewer which can be made out of most any clear plastic.It allows you to look under the water ripples like goggles. In fact goggles work too =)
    www.Hamiltontileandstone.com

us
    Aug 2010
    Roseburg,Oregon
    Tesoro Lobo ST Garrett Pro Pointer
    32 times
    Thank you GG.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    1672 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hamilton View Post
    Most of the gold I find is sitting directly below my punch plate. I actually made the punch by drilling all the holes. A pre made piece would sure be faster. What is nice about this design is when you have your water flow correct there is no classifying below potato sized rocks. I even found a nugget, and it was caught in the first riffle after the punch plate ends. If you would prefer to buy one look up the Calsluice. My home made box:My fine gold sluice One cool tid bit showed for a split second on the calsluice vid is a sluice viewer which can be made out of most any clear plastic.It allows you to look under the water ripples like goggles. In fact goggles work too =)

Thanks Jack!

The one I built similar to that lost a bit of flour gold during testing and I ended up using the punch plate on another project.
    I like the concept though, so maybe I'll go back to the drawing board and see if I can correct the problem.

Could have been that I used a shallow v groove mat instead of deep groove. Maybe this time I'll use the vortex (conveyor) mat instead.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Sep 24, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    1672 times
    Thank you GG.

~Diggin The Adventure~

us
    Apr 2009
    Murrieta Ca
    Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
    11 times
    Take a look at Keene's fast water riffles. They are a bit taller and designed for dredges. When you get into the under-over style sluice some modifications should command some attention. I run my sluice several ways, and it depends on the water flow, time of year etc. When the river runs fast I run tall riffles and my punch plate. I feed my sluice with a shovel. I don't classify at all. In the middle of summer when the river is weak, I classify and use a little garden shovel to feed my box out of classified buckets. Just depends on the water flow =)
    www.Hamiltontileandstone.com

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    1672 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hamilton View Post
    Take a look at Keene's fast water riffles. They are a bit taller and designed for dredges. When you get into the under-over style sluice some modifications should command some attention. I run my sluice several ways, and it depends on the water flow, time of year etc. When the river runs fast I run tall riffles and my punch plate. I feed my sluice with a shovel. I don't classify at all. In the middle of summer when the river is weak, I classify and use a little garden shovel to feed my box out of classified buckets. Just depends on the water flow =)
    I agree ... water flow dictates the method
    ~Diggin The Adventure~

us
    Sep 2012
    Bakersfield,CA
    Gold Bug Pro.
    23 times
    Prospecting
    wow nice work guys those are some nice peices of equipment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsors