Cheapest place to order a Le Trap sluice box?

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to order a Le Trap sluice box.
Where can I find the best deal that won't charge an arm and a leg for shipping?
Most places want $20+ for shipping.
Got anyone local. $20 would pay for a lot of tax.

search 'prospecting supplies {city,state}'

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got anyone local. $20 would pay for a lot of tax.

search 'prospecting supplies {city,state}'

No one local (within 50 miles) carries the Le Trap, I wish I could support my local shop though.
But with gas running nearly $5.00/gallon, I need to save all the money I can...

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have 2 Le Trap sluices and the Le trap metal stand that I will sell for $190.00 shipped(lower 48) Everything is new and the sluices are still set up as "Bank Robbers"(not cut-out) PM me if interested....Rob

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For most uses I strongly suggest you get an angus Mackirk instead as the Le Trap is too flimsy/fragile...the AM sluices are a similar design but more sturdy.

shovel-humper

Sep 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree great sluice, bit pricey now days, but has great results. Mine feels flimsy, but has never let me down. I do a lot of backpack prospecting and it is too long for me now. I re-inforced the sluice with a light duty 1/2"CPVC frame and felt it was a little more sturdy which is vissible on the down-side of the pic. I cut mine different on the top from how most cut theirs. I would prolly not leave the middle piece on the input again.. I thought Id need it for more stability, but in fact it loads up with leaves and it was sturdy enough without it. Ive gone to the CA Sluice boxes entirely now, but Id have to admit the the green is much easier to see the gold in than the black drop riffle boxes.

Regards.

P1000340.jpg

Last edited:

Reptisillious

Greenie
Oct 14, 2012
I agree with the Angus MacKirk comments. I have two. One is for backpacking, the other is a mid-level production model. Both work awesome. If You can't buy local, Cabbela's (damned spell check) has them online. Sometimes they have free shipping offers.

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 Le Trap sluices and the Le trap metal stand that I will sell for $190.00 shipped(lower 48) Everything is new and the sluices are still set up as "Bank Robbers"(not cut-out) PM me if interested....Rob

Wish I could afford this combo, would really like to have the stand too.... Anyone want the the other Le Trap? PM me to see how we can split the $190 price.

I have an AM Foreman, works great, but need something that can handle just a little bit more dirt, I'm hoping the Le Trap will be the ticket.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Russ is right as usual! Maybe Shovelhumper will sell his Le trap since he doesn't use it anymore?

shovel-humper

Sep 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Russ is right as usual! Maybe Shovelhumper will sell his Le trap since he doesn't use it anymore?

Id let mine go.. it's been sitting for two seasons now, and it would be nice to help a guy out.. but I have no idea what shipping might be.. if ur interested drop me a line, if not no prob. Found my first real pickers (three in one bucket) on this bad boy.. bang they dropped right in the top of the box and never moved.. water was pumping and they stayed right there.. I about crapped my shorts from excitement! So maybe this box hass a little mojo too ;)

Regards.

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id let mine go.. it's been sitting for two seasons now, and it would be nice to help a guy out.. but I have no idea what shipping might be.. if ur interested drop me a line, if not no prob. Found my first real pickers (three in one bucket) on this bad boy.. bang they dropped right in the top of the box and never moved.. water was pumping and they stayed right there.. I about crapped my shorts from excitement! So maybe this box hass a little mojo too ;)

Regards.

Since the rains are coming soon, I'm in no rush for the Le Trap.... I'd assume shipping would be about $15?
If/when you are really selling the sluice, let me know. Would be cool to have a sluice box with good mojo : )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread