Bazooka Gold Trap ?

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Not not a lot, but sometimes floating debris likes leaves gets in there. Easy to clean up you just hold the bazooka under water, shake it, and the light stuff floats out. I think the holes are about 1/8 inch diameter.

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Astro. I thought you might answer. I made a small fluid bed concentrator with 1/16" holes and also tried 1/8". The 1/8' didn't seem to produce enough pressure to operate it right and the 1/16" holes kept plugging up with small stuff coming through the pump until i put the pump in a separate bucket with window screen covering the top. Now it works fine. That was why i figured river debris might clog the holes. If the holes are 1/8" i guess a person could cover the water inlet with 1/16" wire to keep any debris out.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No problems here yet with the miner, I am taking it out again today thoug and a lot of leaves are falling, very beautiful day to be out. :)
But just like Astro said, its easy to clear out if you have to be, its meant to be easy to use overall.

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any pictures or detailed explanation of how the Bazooka works?
Does it follow the 1' X 1" drop angle?
How often do you need to clean it out? How can you tell if the sluice is getting overloaded?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm debating on ordering the Miner in a couple of months....

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any pictures or detailed explanation of how the Bazooka works?
Does it follow the 1' X 1" drop angle?
How often do you need to clean it out? How can you tell if the sluice is getting overloaded?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm debating on ordering the Miner in a couple of months....

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the links! : )

The last video "looking for gold" was very helpful in understanding how the Bazooka worked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread