Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Ben,
As it so happens I had a talk yesterday with Todd, very nice fellow gave me lots of info. He indicated he was thinking about making a new model just a little smaller than the Prospector. The videos of how the collection box keeps the materials liquified was very interesting, how simple the cleanups are and zero classifying being needed are what are drawing me towards one. Keep calling and leaving messages and he should get back to you.......63bkpkr

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
He was doing a custom Prospector for me. I have left him phone messages and the contact on their website and also emailed him. I will be patient he may be busy but posted this to see if anyone had talked to him recently.

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard they are releasing some new sizes. I like the size between the Miner and the Prospector, but its not on their website yet?
I'm hoping Santa Claus will leave a sluice box under the tree, LOL.

I wonder if your able to do a pick up of your order in Placerville? I'm sorta local...

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
What I saw is that they have a super mini and a super prospector, same gold trap size but longer slick.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you start using the Bazooka Gold Trap, I promise you you'll stop using your Keene. You'll come to appreciate not having to classify. I've got three Keenes that I'm probably going to sell at some point this winter.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another happy Bazooka owner chiming in here, he will get back to you. :)
He is making it custom right? That takes a bit longer than the original's, gotta give him some time.

In the end you will be very happy.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Just heard from Todd! He is really a nice guy.

He is cutting down a super prospector to 36 inches for me so that I can use it in the White Mountains National Forest that has a 36 inch length limit. It was a sluice that got damaged in shipping and is creating a custom length for me.
He said the extra 6 inches really makes a difference in the amount it can feed.

He said he can make them any length up to 4 feet that people want. I am very pleased.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
See, he has ya covered. :)

Snap a few pics for us when you get it.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes to both.

I shouldn't have gotten aggravated but been dealing with my idiot brother who is 57 but acts like a 2 year old. I need to get away on a prospecting vacation!

I think I will go out back, even though it is 50 degrees and run some dirt I got through my sluice to relax!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you've got an "ib" too? Mine's 70 and thank god he lives in Texas!

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
My IB "fell in love" with a girl in France he met on the internet, when she came her she saw what a weirdo he is and told him to take a hike at the same time his daughter told him he is a loser and that she never wants to see him again, so he ran away to the Virgin Islands where he knows someone. He still doesn't have a job there and is dumpster diving to live.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unfortunately, you can't pick your family.:dontknow:

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an email to Todd that I sent awhile ago, to confirm the existence of the Super Prospector.
He responsed to my email, confirming the existance of the Super Prospector : )
He must be getting some breathing time to answer phones and emails : )

Now I need to decide? Miner or Super Prospector?

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Had an email to Todd that I sent awhile ago, to confirm the existence of the Super Prospector.
He responsed to my email, confirming the existance of the Super Prospector : )
He must be getting some breathing time to answer phones and emails : )

Now I need to decide? Miner or Super Prospector?

Granted this is from a guy who just ordered one and haven't gotten it yet, but I would go with the Super Prospector since it will fit in a 5 gallon bucket, my personal opinion.

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Granted this is from a guy who just ordered one and haven't gotten it yet, but I would go with the Super Prospector since it will fit in a 5 gallon bucket, my personal opinion.

Here's the line up of the new Bazooka Gold Traps. Bazooka-5-sizes.jpg

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yup, like the length of the Miner, but the width of the Prospector....

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Unless you are prospecting rivers or creeks with decent flow all the time, I recommend the super mini. I have the prospector and can only easily use it in 2 out of 6 or so creeks I prospect. Plus if you screen the material down to the size gold you are catching, your fine gold recovery will go way up. I added a 4 mesh screen over the stock grizzly on my prospector and it helps to keep the bed fluidized and the big worthless gangue out of the trap. Also you can pretty much feed even a mini non stop if you have it setup right, so production shouldn't be an issue.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought that all streams had very fast flows until I watched some shows on TV, Gold Fever among them. I see that many streams outside of New England are "lazy rivers". The streams I have been on here have a very fast flow, at least all the ones I have gone to so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread