Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Astro really like those gloves, ar they insulated, and where can you find some for wintertime prospecting

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
They are not insulated anymore then what you already see (ie being pvc or something like that) however they are loose enough on me that I could wear something under them. I got 2 pairs at Harbour Freight for about 7 bucks each.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I liked it, very good ep! :)

dipstick

Greenie
Apr 7, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT - Whites Coin Master
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Astro
I was there on the last day when Thermal City closed. I took off from work and spent about three hours that evening panning in the river. I dug to the left of were you are digging in the video at that big rock. I found my first picker, small but was able to pick up and roll between my fingers and listen to hit when dropped back in pan. I had a great time and found some gold to. Tried to send 2 dif pics but didnt happen. Hope to see you there next season. Steve 11220005.JPG 11220005.JPG

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Steve, great job man! Glad you found a chunky. I will for sure be there next season and sample some more around that area, hopefully with a dredge next time.

Thanks for all the comments guys, here's Episode 10:

Davidail

Nov 3, 2012
North FL and North GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector with 5" coil making it the AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oakview2 I use the extra long Thermal 8mm scuba Gloves you can get them on ebay for around $20.00 with free shipping They stay really warm and Dry I tested mine in 18 degree Temps on my last trip to North Ga over Thanksgiving WK end.
Astro really like those gloves, ar they insulated, and where can you find some for wintertime prospecting

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Here's episode 11 guys. Me and Jim are back at it again looking for more of that yellow stuff were all so fond of.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As always, Astro, good job! Keep it coming. Enjoy your videos. Just for sh**s and giggles, what's the finess in that area? Tnx. TTC

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Another great video Astro, the piles off of the creek look like the perfect setup to run your highbanker. Seems like you could save a lot of time and process a lot more of your piles. Again thanks for the video.. Merry Christmas, and Good Health and Good Hunting in the New Year...

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for the comments guys. Terry, I am not sure exactly but I know its higher then most Alaskan gold, I think Herb said 85% or even higher is typical.

@Oakview Yeah I could have highbanked them and moved a lot more material and I did think about doing just that before I left. But what stopped me was I really didnt feel like lugging around the pump, hoses, gas, clean up tub etc, plus the noise of the pump and the exhaust. The bazooka (or one of my fluid bed builds) is decently fast but with out all the extra stuff to worry about setting up and lugging around. And 'free' to use the bazooka with no gas cost. Also I had been working hard all week and my back was a little sore from work so I didnt want to overdo it trying to move tons of material on my first day off.

Anyway thanks for commenting guys, I enjoy seeing that others are actually watching my videos. I hate it when my video has tons of views and no comments, it feels like I must have done something wrong. I am gonna try and make one more episode before the new year, and then I will start filming season 2 next year.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astro,

I hear you about lugging all the equipment. That is what makes my bazooka style fluid bed the most popular piece of equipment in my arsenal.
Of course I don't mind bringing in a lot of equipment if consecutive days are involved, but for one day it's not hardly worth the effort.

Another great video I enjoyed it as always, keep up the good work. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I know when I hear that signature Astro music, the gold isn't far behind:thumbsup: I may not always respond, but always enjoy the videos. It's all I can do to find the color and clean it up, let alone film and then edit it down to the finished product... Merry Christmas, your efforts are appreciated, Good health and good hunting.....

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same here...thanks for taking us along astrob!

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks guys, good news I got a GoPro camera today for christmas, and im blown away by the video it puts out. Cant wait to shoot some new movies with it.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, good news I got a GoPro camera today for christmas, and im blown away by the video it puts out. Cant wait to shoot some new movies with it.

And I can't wait to view them. :icon_thumleft:

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
Astrobouncer said:

I'll have too stay tuned. After the bazooka gold trap mod I'll be doing and the video's you have posted. Definitely got my interest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread