mattisdell1983

Mar 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I have a question. I have a royal 30" sluice box and was wanting to make a homemade highbanker with a recirculating water supply using a 1000gph pump in my garage. My question is... I think 30" isnt going to be quite long enough for the material to travel without losing some gold in the process and I was wanting to increase my chances of finding some gold so Here are a couple of pictures to see if anyone has any good feedback on which of these might work the best or maybe a different idea all together. I am wanting to add another 30" +/- onto my sluice box but Im not sure if I should just add it to the end of my existing box to make it 60" long or maybe make it at an "L" shape? any suggestions? and any other pictures and suggestions will be great. Maybe start off with my normal sluice box then add 30" of black "V" groove matting to catch the finer stuff then add an underflow after that to get the feally fine stuff and have 3 to 4 different ways of cqatching gold? lol Or maybe just make a homemade "blue bowl" for the finer gold.??? PLEASE HELP thank you guys alot fot the input, Matt isdell

oh p.s. There is also a picture of my homemade classifier that will fit right on top of the sluice box flare for added ease lol

Attachments

• 2012-12-10_20-12-33_676.jpg
    2012-12-10_20-12-33_676.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 1,583
  • 1355072307582.jpg
    1355072307582.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 6,296

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Look at the gold buddy set up. I have one and it has two layers...kind of folds out. It works good for what it is andit has a 750 gph pump. but I think your 30 inches is adequate. you could always ad a ball valve to cut back on the water if you feel your getting to much flow. but just make sure the pitch is just right.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would not do the L shape idea. You want the material to flow evenly all the way out the box, and with a turn it will bunch up on one side and you will likely loose gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions