Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With the keene A52 I just left them.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use my snuffer bottle to clean the black mat while it's running but only when I am changing dig spots other than that I do not make a habit to stick my fingers in the sluice while running.. All too often I see people clean their sluice too often or pick gold out of it. I'm pretty confident in my sluice so just spend my time putting more gold in the sluice rather than taking it out.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Sometimes I will do an early clean up because of a picker or something. Its not cause I think it will leave the sluice, but rather since they are so rare around here its exciting when i find one and I want to add it to the collection.

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ve been working flood clays on bedrock on the N. Yuba and suck up the black mat after every 5 gal bucket. I do that to make sure that I am staying in the paystreak. Besides that, It's nice to see the gold building up after each scoop. On my A52, I know anything that gets past the mat will get locked up in the carpet. I don't touch the riffles till the end of the day clean up.

OP
OP
Rdg Sluicer

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the info guys.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I did a lot of sluicing, I was comfortable with adding 20 buckets of classified (1/4") to the A52 after spotting several small flakes early on. Most of the
time (90%) they were still there at the end of day. If you are on gold, it really pays to move material, rather than stopping for any reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread