how much CFM is enough

dvdtharaldson

Sep 19, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought a Mac Kirk recon sluice. Since i cant work the streams in the winter i figured I would try to build a "wash plant" using my sluice. I plan on buying a pump to supply the water to wash my cons through my sluice in my backyard this summer. Does anybody know how many cubic feet per minute/hour, or gallons per minute/hour, the pump would have to produce for my mickey mouse wash plant to work?

Thanks.

David

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're running cons you should be able to get by with a 1000gph pump.

I say that because that's what size pump is used on the Angus Mackirk "Dry Gulch" Power sluice.
It wouldn't hurt to contact them and see what they suggest for the Recon.

Angus MacKirk
Phone 1 - 208 - 429 - 8079
Email [email protected]

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the same lines as GG's response, check with "the guys" where such things put food on their plate and see what they use.... and FOLLOW their advice. Overkill is not a word in the vocabulary of manufactures but wouldn't hurt to be in yours. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread