Can the Bazooka Gold Trap have too much flow?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not that I have seen so far! Looking forward to dropping my prospector into a raging river to see how it behaves. Due to the pipes controlling the flow into the trap, it should work just great in really fast water (as long as I can wedge it in place so it doesn't get away from me of course!!)

I think the fast water will make the grizzly clear really nicely...flow of material across the top could get too fast in theory but adjusting the sluice angle should compensate even at very fast water speeds. Looking at the video on the company web site you will see very fast water and a steep angle and still NO problems.

Anyone else have more experience?

Last edited:

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll find out in the near future. I'm going to pick up a super prospector model in Cave Junction, Oregon the afternoon.

Can't wait to give it a try here in northern California. We have plenty of fast water to give it a workout

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I have seen so far! Looking forward to dropping my prospector into a raging river to see how it behaves. Due to the pipes controlling the flow into the trap, it should work just great in really fast water (as long as I can wedge it in place so it doesn't get away from me of course!!)

I think the fast water will make the grizzly clear really nicely...flow of material across the top could get too fast in theory but adjusting the sluice angle should compensate even at very fast water speeds. Looking at the video on the company web site you will see very fast water and a steep angle and still NO problems.

Anyone else have more experience?

Thanks Kevin! Your help and information is always appreciated.

Another question? Any problems with the BGT fully submerged? Assuming all material stays within the raceway and the BGT is secured, I'm thinking that having it submerged by a few inches is OK?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have run it submerged and you are right, it works! In that case you need to run the sluice flat level and so will need fairly fast moving water.

Just keep the tailings from blocking the downstream end of the sluice like you would with any sluice and you are good.

Mine it and recycle it!

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just think med-fast to fast, too slow and it won't clean itself out.

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it! Thanks again guys!

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Yes it can have too much flow. You will know when its too much cause the bazooka itself wants to float away.

replicaprops

Feb 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it can have too much flow. You will know when its too much cause the bazooka itself wants to float away.
Exactly!!! The river I go to is so fast that I have to not just dam it, but I have to anchor it down. The BGT loves fast water, and hates slow water.

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait for the Spring when the river I go to has fast flow and easy access for my Miner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread