Dusted off the backpack sluice

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Often I come across good gold that lies miles from any road or just hard or dangerous all together. But today my brother and I decided to get the ol'e backpack sluice out and some waders and grab the daypacks and get the gold we knew to be there.. Only problem is its about 3 miles upriver and on that particular side there is no trail that is kept only the games trails my brother and I have cleared. Anyway we were aware of a trail that ran about 2 miles upriver on the opposite side wich we traveled that was pretty easy. So we figured we walk that trail and find and place to cross.. Well all was fine till we finished the trail and proceeded to walk the river looking for a place to cross to get to our dig site needless to say even with the river down it was a challenge after checking out multiple possible crossing sites we finally decided the one just upriver of our site was as good as it gets.. Well lets say I did not like it and would discourage most from playing in the river in winter.. I was releived to throw off the backpack and sit down and plan my attack.. The working of the location was nice being so close to the sluice and the sun hit that spot right off and lingered till about 3 wich was nice. After the first few buckets I knew that it was all worth it.. shallow gravel and lots of cracks and plenty of it and it all had a decent gold content. I hope the rains hold off becouse this gold is on the move and no telling when it will move again..

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just found your youtube channel. Wow! Its like a guided tour of the good spots in asra. Your brother get a new camera for christmas? That video looks pretty good and tell him I said that and hi for me. Nice gold, man!

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just found your youtube channel. Wow! Its like a guided tour of the good spots in asra. Your brother get a new camera for christmas? That video looks pretty good and tell him I said that and hi for me. Nice gold, man!

Thanks, My brother bought it a little before christmas and we been using the hell out of it.. He just recently lost is job at PAPPY'S in Auburn(the owners sold the resteraunt) so he been spending alot of the time with me lately prospecting. I'll be around Yankee jims thursday feb 28 kinda late as I have dentist appointment in the Morning. Hey did you notice the NEW Arsa signs on Yankee jims rd indicating there fee areas? I am just waiting for them to set up a toll booth just to use the road to get to the parking fee area.. Anyway hope all is well your way

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I noticed the signs in november or dec. Didnt think anything of it until I got a ticket parking on the side of the road near the trail before the bridge. ..

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So pretty.... I cant wait to see color in my sluice.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread