Who uses a sluice with Gold Hog Mat

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know exactly what you are saying with this. To begin with we set up the letrap below the sluicebox just in case we lost anything and we found like 15 flakes, To my partners disappointment I CRANKED up the water volume and increased the angle on our next run and we found absolutely NO gold in the LeTrap and eased my partners fear of losing the gold by proving Doc's famous saying of "The Fear Of Losing Gold, Is Probably Causing You To Lose Gold".* Now we run my Clarkston riffle with miners moss setup because it has a higher recovery rate in all conditions than the Gold hog does but then we tear down and switch to the Gold Hog and run the cons through it which reduces the concentrates down from a half a bucket to a 1/4 pan and loses NO gold. I love that stuff!! Here is our last outing and the first test run for the new hydroforce style nozzle that I built.

For my trommel build I plan to have a 12" x 60" x 4” sluice mounted 90 degrees to the trommel. The sluice will be able to mount to either side of the trommel making very versatile where I need to discharge the sluice and open end of the trommel. Going to have a sluice made up locally. Now for matting I have been reading about the Gold Hog matting. I know you had mentioned you’re going to build a trommel.

Doitlaynstyle,

So after having used the Gold Hog matting for over a year what are your thoughts? What drop ratio are you using your sluice using Gold Hog Matting? What GPH of water are you running through the Gold Hog Matting?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions