Underflow Sluice

LarenC

Feb 5, 2013
Talent, OR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone here actually used one of those UnderFlow Sluices from XgrumpyProspector?
I've watched several videos and am very impressed. I'll be going to Northern California this spring to do some prospecting and want to take the best equipment with me.
Thanks in advance for your honest opinion.
LarenC in Talent, OR

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive seen the videos too and I think you would do just as good with a bazooka as it is based on the same type of principles. the guys on here talk highly of it that's for sure.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've seen the video's also, and if I remember right you still have to classify with the Underflow. Being able to directly shovel into the Bazooka Gold Trap not only saved tons of time not having to classify, but it has saved so much wear and tear on my lower back. Plus, you can run two to three time more material in the BGT. So saving time, my lower back, and running more material makes slucing so much more fun.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...and more productive (more gold is always good!)

3029heavy

Dec 19, 2012
Hard to argue with logic, and these guys on here are highly experienced pros! As an experiment, I placed a large pan at the end of my drop riffle sluice last time I was home. I placed 3 large rocks in it and pointed the pan's riffles downstream. I classified nothing. After running 1 bucket thru, there were 8 flakes of gold in the pan. I shallowed the angle of the sluice and continued to run unclassified material. Never found another flake in the pan, but did quite well in the sluice! Ran a total of about 10 buckets 2/3 full unclassified

ForumRunner_20130318_202451.png

ForumRunner_20130318_202508.png

ForumRunner_20130318_202451.png

ForumRunner_20130318_202508.png

ForumRunner_20130318_202641.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130318_202541.png
    ForumRunner_20130318_202541.png
    66 KB · Views: 281
  • ForumRunner_20130318_202602.png
    ForumRunner_20130318_202602.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 397

UnderFlow Guy

Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased an UnderFlow sluice from grumpyprospector.com and can't say enough good things about it. I bought the high-banker model with water system. Where I'm digging, there are no nuggets.....just fine flour and micron gold. I classify down to 1/4" and run my material using a 1000 GPH bilge pump. I have a "y" splitter on the pump and run some of the 1000 GPH back to the recirculation tub through another hose so I'm not putting all the water pressure through the sluice box. If you run about 750 GPH, you will get great results. Re screen your material down to 3/16" and run at about 300 GPH and you will get all the real small stuff.......gold you can't see with your eyes unless you put it in all in a pile in you pan. I have tested this sluice many different ways at home and in the field and am always amazed by how small a particle of gold you can get with this device. No black sands to pan through......just use a sucker bottle to get the fines. They now make an Ultimate River Sluice using the same idea, but you can lay it in the creek and don't have to classify anything. A buddy bought one and we ran it in the creek behind his house. We took some Gold from my poke and counted the pieces. I spiked unclassified material with my Gold and we caught 100% of what we put in there plus extra gold that was in the material. It works just like the videos show on YouTube. They truly have the best sluices on the market. Several styles to choose from. I will be purchasing an Ultimate River Sluice from them for myself very soon. Thumbs up from me.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuttn' but copying over/under same same as dredges. Make your own as ez to do with expanded metal or punchplate,used'm for at least 35 years since I introduced o/u to dredges.You can go full coverage-but then you miss all nuggets bigger than your holes,half work pretty good or just over the first 2 sets a riffles to protect them fines-nuttn' to it-do it yourself-John

Attachments

• 100_3035.jpg
    100_3035.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 479
  • 100_3046.jpg
    100_3046.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 364

UnderFlow Guy

Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The UnderFlow is a little different than a regular O/U sluice. Their new Ultimate River Sluice has part of the O/U design in the first section after the slick plate. All the classified stuff goes through the "U" shaped traps and the unwanted stuff goes off the sides through a "V" shaped shovel design. There is also a water pressure release set of holes before the UnderFlow traps to let extra water pressure out of the sluice and not flush the traps. Still looking for someone who uses one of these before i purchase one to get some more feedback. I will post pics and a review once I get one in my hands.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure know a lot for never physically having one?

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure know a lot for never physically having one?
I think you missed where he stated he owns the highbanker version

hqdefault.jpg

But from watching the videos and looking at the product offerings, it's pretty easy to describe the theory behind them.

Products

rsz_1underflow.jpg

This is a medium scale of the underflow river sluice. Includes one classifier that is interchangeable. Preferred size classifier incuded with purchase, the second and third classifiers are an additional charge (classifier size options 3/32", 1/8", 1/4") and three collection traps set at 1 1/2 inch. This is another great set up for all your precious metal recovery needs. This system is ran by the natural flow of water by placing the Underflow river sluice in the water current at a slight angle (the slickplate slightly higher 10-20 degrees). Start running material by putting rocks and dirt on the top of the slickplate. You will notice the unwanted material passing by the classifier and heavies going through the classifier, and processing through the adjustable underflow traps. Catching all gold, precious metals, and gemstones down to micron metals. This system is so efficient by controlling waterflow within the system and processing material at a very rapid pace!
This includes 14 inch common flat slickplate as shown, and the underflow sluice section (28 inches long by 8 inches wide) which includes three 1 1/2" traps, and interchangeable classifier (3/32", 1/8", 1/4"). Second and third classifier are not included.

Attachments

• rsz_underflow.jpg
    rsz_underflow.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,844

UnderFlow Guy

Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered an Ultimate River Sluice from them and will post pics of it and a review of how it does in the creek. Easy to get information on them as it is prolific on their website. Was hoping to find somebody who already has one and get a review before I spent the money. Guess I'll be the guinea pig for this forum and the other ones I've been trying to get information from.

SpaceJunk

Jun 29, 2013
San Jose
Detector(s) used
gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered an Ultimate River Sluice from them and will post pics of it and a review of how it does in the creek. Easy to get information on them as it is prolific on their website. Was hoping to find somebody who already has one and get a review before I spent the money. Guess I'll be the guinea pig for this forum and the other ones I've been trying to get information from.

How has this sluice worked out for you?

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So how did the underflow sluice work for you?

I live close to the guys who make them (opposite ends of same city) and will likely visit them and look at their sluices. Seems to do quite well with the fine Colorado gold we have. Still, would like to have some feedback from folks here first. Thanks.

Alex.f

Aug 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liked this idea. Tell me, if you do a little reconnaissance of the box, say 2 "U" holes to find gold. Attracted convenience - no need to remove and wear the carpet. The result is visible immediately. What do you think.? Sorry for the English. I'm Russian from Siberia.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Alex.F

Get a gold cube....... Far superior to the underflow sluice.
The underflow will not catch fine and micron gold. The underflows will wash it right out and since there is no matting between them just slick surface there is nothing to stop and hold the fine gold.
It is a very poor attempt at a design that Trev brought to attention .... The New Zealand beach box. Which by the way the gold cube got it's inspiration from.

And Underflow guy.... I think was a shill. Because the crap he spouted about this thing is BS. And yes, I have watched the video's.

You also might give this a read..... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/475010-gold-cube-bit-history.html

And if you want the treatise on the New Zealand Beach Box send me your email address in a PM and I will send you the file... It's too big to link here.

Last edited:

Alex.f

Aug 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All is clear, thank you. I'm looking for a small equipment that can fit in a backpack and does not attract attention. Just take a long sample with a tray. Variants are considered.

Mile posted at PM

jsurddy

Feb 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I built an underflow sluice and i really needed to classify my material to catch all the gold. It makes a good cleanup sluice. I ended up using it in conjunction with some hungarian riffles placed after the U-shaped section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread